New Items Added to Destash List

  • Janet Arthur
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 15, 2013
      Good morning - Here is the current list of items from my stash that I wish to downsize. Please note that I've renumbered the items that remain because I've further thinned my bookshelves and yarn closets. I have included items below that may have been queried but as I've not heard confirmation re: postage costs, I am assuming they are still available.

      Items are new unless otherwise noted and have been carefully stored in a non-smoking home in Ontario, Canada. The prices do not include actual postage costs. When responding for items, please include your full mailing address so that I can get a postage cost for you. If you have any questions, please write to me at jarthur@... or iknitnspin@.... I will accept cheques or money orders. I cannot accept PayPal at this time. Thank you again for helping me with the difficult process of disbursing my stash. Jan

      NOTE: many new items have been added to the categories below so the numbers are changed to accommodate new items

      SPINNING and WEAVING and KNITTING BOOKS
      *** a tip for utilizing the postal rates on heavy items - it seems to cost the same for 1.9 kg as it does for 1 kg when sending the same size box- so grouping items makes a more economical pkg

      1. Anne Field Grouping - new books - $85
      Includes:
      a) The Ashford Book of Spinning - Revised Edition OOP (selling for $60 plus)
      b) Spinning Wool - Beyond the Basics - Retail $29.95
      c) Learn to Spin with Anne Field - Retail $24.95

      2. Chris Switzer Grouping - new books (autographed, handspun samples inserted in the book by author) - $25
      Includes:
      a) Spinning Llama and Alpaca - 3rd Edition
      b) Projects for Alpaca and Llama

      3. Alice Starmore Grouping - new reprints - $38
      a) "Charts for Color Knitting"
      b) Alice Starmore "Fair Isle Knitting"
      c) Alice Starmore "Aran Knitting"

      4. Amy Herzog "Knit To Flatter" - new - $15

      5. Teeny Tiny Mochimochi - Anna Hrachovec - new - $8

      6. Indie Socks! - Book by Chrissy Gardiner profiling 24 Indie Sock Yarn Dyers with amazing patterns both charted and written - new - $15

      7. A Knitter's Journal - hc - Schoolhouse Press - $6

      8. Einband - Icelandic Lace - sc - purchased at Schoolhouse Press - $8

      9. Shuttle Spindle & Dyepot Collection - 44 magazines - asking $35
      Articles on Spinning, Weaving and Dyeing
      NOTE: corners are clipped (top upper right) but generally in amazing condition given age) *** some issues available from the publisher still at $9 each but many OOP already
      Included:
      Issue 25 Winter 1975
      Issue 26 Spring 1976
      Issue 27 Summer 1976 - two small cover tears
      Issue 28 Fall 1976
      Issue 29 Winter 1976
      Issue 30 Spring 1977
      Issue 31 Summer 1977
      Issue 32 Fall 1977
      Issue 34 Spring 1978
      Issue 35 Summer 1978
      Issue 37 Winter 1978
      Issue 38 Spring 1979
      Issue 41 Winter 1979
      Issue 42 Spring 1980
      Issue 43 Summer 1980
      Issue 44 Fall 1980
      Issue 45 Winter 1980
      Issue 46 Spring 1981
      Issue 47 Summer 1981
      Issue 48 Fall 1981
      Issue 50 Spring 1982
      Issue 51 Summer 1982
      Issue 52 Fall 1982
      Issue 53 Winter 1982
      Issue 54 Spring 1983
      Issue 55 Summer 1983
      Issue 56 Fall 1983
      Issue 57 Winter 1983
      Issue 58 Spring 1984
      Issue 59 Summer 1984
      Issue 61 Winter 1984
      Issue 63 Summer 1985
      Issue 64 Fall 1985
      Issue 65 Winter 1985
      Issue 67 Summer 1986
      Issue 68 Fall 1986
      Issue 69 Winter 1986
      Issue 70 Spring 1987
      Issue 71 Summer 1987
      Issue 73 Winter 1987/88
      Issue 76 Fall 1988
      Issue 77 Winter 1988/89
      Issue 78 Spring 1989
      Issue 79 Summer 1989

      10. Lisa Lloyd Grouping - new books - $38
      Includes:
      a) A Fine Fleece, hc
      b) The Wild Fibers Collection - Volume One, sc
      c) Thistle and Fox Socks, sc - spiral bound

      11. Knitting Around The World - hc by Nela Largi - new - $18

      12. Interweave Knit & Spin - sc (now unavailable) - $9

      13. Knitting Traditions Bundle - all new magazines, including the OOP issues - $55
      Includes:
      Winter 2010, Fall 2011, Winter 2011, Fall 2012, Winter 2012, Spring 2013

      14. Fine & Fanciful Hats, hc OOP - excellent condition by Anna Zilboorg - $10

      15. Fancy Feet, hc OOP - excellent condition, Anna Zilboorg - $10

      16. Lace Duo by Marianne Kinzel - both new condition - relisted - $12
      First Book of Modern Lace, sc
      Second Book of Modern Lace, sc

      17. FiberArts - Jan/Feb 1979 - $10 (thorough Equipment review of wheels and looms)

      18. Shuttle Spindle & Dyepot - excellent condition, notation on both covers - Issues #39 and #40 - $10 for both issues or free if purchasing the 44 issues above

      19. Botanical Knits by Alana Dakos (Never Not Knitting), new - $18

      20. Coastal Knits by Alana Dakos and Hannah Fettig, new - $18

      NOTE: Take #19 and #20 for $30

      21. Fiber Wild "Shepherdess Shawl" - "Feminine and warm, small chevron pattern" - $3

      22. Olive & Harry Linder OOP Grouping - $85 (new copies of OOP books, one is autographed by Harry Linden)
      Includes:
      a) Handspinning Flax, sc - OOP
      b) Handspinning Cotton, sc - OOP
      c) Hints from Harry, spiral bound sc - OOP & rare and autographed by Harry Linder

      23. A Legacy of Shetland Lace - newly imported from the UK - $35
      (note - currently retailing at $50 in Canada plus postage)

      ********

      YARN

      NOTE: Skein Yarn Bundle option - take all 5 skeins (#25 - 28) for $95 or they are priced individually below:

      25. Skein Yarn (Australia) - Top Draw Socks x 2 skeins - $48
      Colourway: Hush
      Content: 85% Merino, 15% Nylon
      Yardage: 437 yards/100 gm

      26. Skein Yarn (Australia) - Merino Cashmere Fingering - $24
      Colourway: Hush
      Content: 80% Merino, 20% Cashmere
      Yardage: 437 yards/100 gm

      27. Skein Yarn (Australia) - Top Draw Socks - $24
      Colourway: Savannah
      Content: 85% Merino, 15% Nylon
      Yardage: 437 yards/100 gm

      28. Skein Yarn (Australia) - Merino/Cashmere Fingering - $24
      Colourway: Tuscany
      Content: 80% Merino, 20% Cashmere
      Yardage: 437 yards/100 gm

      ********
      29. Brooklyn Tweed (Jared Flood's wonderful yarn) LOFT (5 skeins of fingering weight) - $45
      Purchased to knit Kvosin" by West Knits - Stephen West - one of the Westy's Besties series
      a) Pattern - http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/kvosin - pattern included with yarn
      b) Sufficient Brooklyn Tweed LOFT (Fingering) to knit the designer's hat - one size to fit 20" circumference, 11" long
      Yarn: Brooklyn Tweed LOFT - 100% wool (grown in Wyoming, spun in New England
      Yardage: 50 gm - 275 yards
      Colourway Greens Version - one skein of each of the following colours:
      Fauna
      Barn Owl
      Artifact
      Birdbook
      Button Jar

      30. "Honey's Christmas Stocking" - design by Sally Melville - Cascade 220 worsted wool x 11 skeins - $65
      a) Pattern by Sally Melville - http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/honeys-christmas-stocking
      b) Sufficient yarn to complete at least two of these stockings - I've cast on to sample but this has created visual strain and I am unable to work this design so am selling my collection of yarns
      Yarn: Cascade 220 (NOT SUPERWASH as this design is to be knit and then felted)
      Yardage: 100 gm = 220 yards
      Colours:
      2403 Eggplant
      7803 Fuchsia x 2
      8010 White
      7830 Orange
      9404 Red x 2
      9430 Dark Green x 2
      8914 Light Green x 2
      Total # of skeins (five are already hand wound into centre-pull balls and ready to knit) - 11

      31. Orkney Angora St.Magnus DK - imported from Scotland - $25
      Colour: Dark Olive x 2 balls
      Weight: 50 gm = 218 yards
      Content: 50% Angora/50% Lambswool
      NOTE: purchased to knit Ysolda Teague's "Rose Red"

      32. Patons Classic Wool - Bundle A - $18
      Includes:
      Sage x 2
      Jade Heather x 1
      Plum Heather x 1
      Old Rose x 1

      33. Patons Classic Wool - Bundle B - $18
      Includes:
      Dark Grey Mix x 2
      Grey Mix x 1
      Plum Heather x 1
      New Denim x 1

      34. Madelinetosh Pashmina - discontinued shade "Wren" - $22

      ********************

      KNITTING NEEDLES

      40. Hiya Hiya Bamboo - Interchangeable set with 5" tips and fabric brocade case - $65
      Teal Case -- small needle sizes (under 5 mm)
      Includes size 2-8 US (2.75-5 mm) tips and cables to make 26" (2), 34" and 42"
      BONUS - I am also including the size 3 mm which does not come standard in these kits (purchased separately)
      BONUS - new 40" cord

      41. Della Q Knitting Essentials - Designer Fabric Needle Cases - REDUCED to $45
      Style: The Que Grand - Circular Needle Case US 000 - 17, Style #175-1
      Fabric: Raspberry Martini Print
      http://www.dellaq.com/p/the-que-grandcircular-needle-case#093-Raspberry%20Martini

      42. Addi Long Lace Clicks - this is the complete set in the pink case but I am including EXTRA Addi Long Lace tips, heart stoppers & cord
      REDUCED to $160, paid over $225
      Includes:
      BONUS (not available as part of the original set, these were purchased separately)
      6.5 mm tips
      7 mm tips
      20" cord
      Heart Stoppers

      43. Addi Click Lace Tip Grouping - $45
      Includes:
      - 3.75 mm set of short tips - in pkg
      - 6.5 mm set of short tips - in pkg
      - 7 mm set of short tips -in pkg
      - 16" cords x 3 (2 in original pkg)
      Retail $85, asking $45

      NOTE: If purchasing the #42 above for $160, #43 grouping will be reduced to $25 so total $185 for all Addi Click items (#42 and #43)

      44. KA Bamboo 4.25 mm Needle Grouping - in pkg, never used - $25
      Includes (collected every option found for the 4.25 mm gauge so hard to find, retail $9 each):
      a) 8" set of double pointed needles
      b) 16" circular
      c) 24" circular
      d) 29" circular
      e) 36" circular

      45. Signature Needle Arts - (new) 5 mm Needle Grouping - $75
      Includes:
      Tip Style: Stiletto
      a) Single Point Set, teardrop cap, 10" length - Retail $34
      b) Double Point Set - NOTE: 6 needles - 8" length - Retail $57 + $11.75 (for 6 needles)
      c) Tube x 2 for the dpns