Hiya Hiya Sharps Interchangeables, Stephen West yarns/design, Icelandic, Imported Stitch Dictionaries, Shawl/Lace book etc.

  • Janet Arthur
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 18, 2013
      I am downsizing due to visual issues. Items are all new unless noted otherwise. All items stored in a smoke-free home in Ontario Canada. I have photos of all items and will happily send them to anyone requiring more information.
      Prices do not include actual mailing costs. I can accept payment by cheque or MO but not PayPal.

      Please write to request items at jarthur@... or iknitnspin@... and include your full mailing address so I may give an accurate mailing cost.

      SPINNING ITEMS

      A. Will Taylor "Clever Kate" - handcrafted in cherry, signed and numbered - $85
      (Note - this is being relisted as postage to international destination is costly and first responder has declined)

      YARN

      1. Schoppel Wolle "Baby Alpaka" - undyed natural colours - $14 each (Retail $23.95) or all 3 for $36
      Stephen West's "Ejan" shawl specifies this yarn in three colours for the design or for cowls, scarfs, mitts etc.
      200 m/100 gm
      50% Alpaka/50% Virginwool - felted
      Choose from:
      #9680 (soft grey)
      #9220 (mist) NOTE: wound to centre-pull ball
      #7873 (moorit)

      2. My handspun fingering - sufficient for shawls or 2 pair of socks
      Content: 100% Wool - combed and handspun
      Fiber Used: Louet "Northern Lights" in the 'Forest Glade' colourway (teal, moss and navy)
      Yardage:
      a) 462 yards - wound to centre pull
      b) 260 yards - still in skein
      Asking $35

      3. Malabrigo Sock
      Yardage: 440 yards/100 gm per skein
      Includes:
      a) Colour "Oeste" (official club colourway)
      b) Colour "Chocolate Amargo"
      NOTE: Stephen West's "Oeste" pattern included
      http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/oeste
      Asking $32

      4. Madelinetosh Tosh Merino Light "Composition Book Grey" - $14

      5. the Sanguine Gryphon "Eidos" Handpainted sock yarn
      100% Superwash merino wool, 4 oz/390 yards "Tebelis"
      NOTE: this is 1/2 of the yarn collected for a Stephen West shawl "Clockwork"
      Asking $20

      6. Icelandic "Plotulopi" unspun - 10 wheels from Schoolhouse Press
      NOTE - I used this to knit a gorgeous shawl from Schoolhouse Press but purchased this for a sweater
      (I knit sample swatches using 2 wheels and those are included)
      Colour 1425 "Berry"
      100 gm plates x 10 - 100% Icelandic unspun - imported
      Planned to knit the "Elding" lace cardigan from Lopi 29
      Paid $95, asking $65

      7. Imperial Farms Bulky 2 strand in colourway "Imperial Heather"
      2 plates each 200 yards - purchased to knit Stephen West's cowl/scarf "Filbert"
      Asking $24

      NEEDLES

      10. Hiya Hiya Sharps - Interchangeable sets with 5" tips - fabric case - new
      Includes:
      a) Purple Brocade Case -- small needle sizes (under 5 mm)
      b) Teal Brocade Case -- large needle sizes (over 5 mm)
      Asking $128 (I will split the set for $65 each if both sets are claimed by two different people)

      11. Hiya Hiya Sharps - Interchangeable sets with 4" tips - fabric case - new
      Includes:
      a) Purple Brocade Case -- small needle sizes (under 5 mm)
      b) Turquoise Brocade Case -- large needle sizes (over 5 mm)
      Asking $128 (I will split the set for $65 each if both sets are claimed by two different people)

      12. Complete set of single points in zippered case - Knitter's Pride "DREAMZ"
      Single Pointed Needle Set - 10" length
      Metric sizes 3 mm, 3.5 mm, 3.75 mm, 4mm, 4.5 mm, 5 mm, 5.5 mm, 6 mm and 8 mm
      Paid $80, asking $45

      13. Knitter's Pride "DREAMZ" double pointed needle sets (5 per set) 8" length
      Includes:
      US 4/3.5 mm
      US 8/5 mm
      US 9/5.5 mm
      Paid $33, asking $16 (for all 3 sets of dpns)

      PROJECT BAGS - NEEDLE CASES

      17. LANTERN MOON - Compact Zipper Interchangeable Case - red silk - new with tags
      http://www.lanternmoon.com/Silk-Compact-Zip-Interchangeable-Case_p_76.html
      Photo shows the exact cases I have available - case only
      Paid $40, asking $20

      18. KNITTER'S PRIDE - Needle Storage Case for interchangeables
      Colourway: Violet Dream - in pkg
      Asking $9

      BOOKS

      a) Imported from the Faroe Islands with English translation - new - $38
      Foroysk - Bundanaurriklaedid - 19 traditional Faroese shawls, color photos, charts and schematics - hc
      PLUS - complete softcover English translation supplement by Marilyn VanKeppel - imported

      b) Imported from Austria with symbol translations from Schoolhouse Press - excellent condition - never used - $45
      Uberlieferte Strickmuster - Volumes 1, 2 and 3
      NOTE: invaluable resource/reference for stitch patterning - socks, sweaters etc.
      Author - Maria Erlbacher

      c) Imported from Germany with symbol translations from Schoolhouse Press - new - $95
      OOP and rare stitch dictionary set
      Bauerliches Stricken 1, 2 and 3 with full additional chart package
      Author - Lisl Fanderl
      NOTE: these OOP books were recently updated and are being sold currently for $135 (for the set)

      d) Wendy Knits "My Never-Ending Adventures in Yarn" - Wendy D. Johnson - Paid $20, asking $8 OOP

      e) All Wound Up - Yarn Harlot, hc with dj - Paid $19, asking $5

      f) Teeny Tiny Mochimochi - Anna Hrachovec, sc
      Paid $23, asking $14

      g) The Big Book of Knitted Monsters - Rebecca Danger, sc
      Paid $23, asking $14

      h) The Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns - Ann Budd - hc
      Paid $25, asking $14

      i) The Knitter Issue 49 - new - $5

      Thank you for helping me to downsize.

      Janet Arthur