Rare Find - Antique Brooches for Shawls and Stoles! (Swan Lake & Lily Too!)

  • elationrelation
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2008
      I had the great luck to run across Antique Celtic Shawl and Brooch
      Pins from Scotland. They appear to bear the mark HC 925 SS, which
      indicates that they are sterling silver, and the dealer stated she
      thought they were also. Their feel and timber/sound also indicates
      sterling, though I can't guarantee 100%.

      I was thrilled to find them as I thought of shawl and stole knitters
      right away, and to find something of such quality and heft that isn't
      really available before, a real coup.

      I have three styles, and of course only a very few, so it is on a
      first-come-first-served basis. Briefly, they are circles with
      markings; one has shamrocks, one has triangles alternating pointing in
      and out, and another has finer crosshatches with dots inbetween that
      remind me of Scandinavian work. They are over an inch across, with a
      hole in the center of about 1/2" that would reveal your knitting, and
      the circle of intricate work is a heavy band with beaded/rimmed edges
      on the outer and inner perimeters that measures about 3/8" in width.

      They are of superb quality and functioning, but there may be subtlties
      as one would expect with antiques, such as the relief on one with
      cross hatching has slightly less relief on one edge, but isn't a big
      point for me as it is an antique and bears the look of quality and of
      some age. They are just beautiful!

      I am asking $125 prepaid via PayPal, money order or personal check
      (allowing the standard 10 days for the check to clear the bank). I
      cannot honor any returns as I will provide you with any and all
      information and pictures I have. The shipping fee is $5 which DOES
      NOT include insurance, and they will be mailed securely and well
      wrapped, but I don't have any fancy boxes to put them in.

      Don't delay, as when they are gone, they are gone!!!

      ***

      Swan Lake & Lily Stole is also for sale, at
      www.SusanReishusDesigns.com The price is $25 and includes 16 pages of
      detailed pattern for the experienced knitter. It is a perfect way to
      celebrate February with a stole that symbolizes love, to indulge
      yourself (or a friend)!

      Take a look! It has gotten wonderful reviews! It contains knitting
      tips, and pictures to demonstrate different ways it can be worn for
      every day.

      A one-of-a-kind and truly original pattern!

      Best blessings,
      Susan Reishus
      www.SusanReishusDesigns.com
      elationrelation@...