Brother 588 w/ ribber and Brother KM Course in original binder + more

  • Vicky
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 30, 2006
      I've decided to sell my first metal bed machine so I can get my husband a
      present, he sold his table saw 10 years ago to get me a new transmission,
      I'd like to replace it this year. I love this machine but don't use it much
      any more unless I want to do some knit weaving. It's the best machine for
      someone who is learning and needs something that won't fuss if you don't do
      things perfectly, the ribber let me (a rank beginner) do all kinds of things
      on it without fussing. It doesn't have electronics so you don't need power
      to run it and it doesn't require punch cards so you don't have to collect a
      bunch of cards in order to use it. It works on a push button system with an
      8 stitch repeat that gives you endless ways of making stocking stitch,
      fairisle, lace, weaving, tuck, and more. I've made socks in the round on
      this machine and double bed afghans as well as garments and dog and doll
      sweaters. This is a sturdy machine that is so well made it will probably
      only need basic maintenance: a sponge bar every year and a good vacuuming
      after every project.

      You can see a picture from the manual of the machine and its parts on Gladys
      Goodey's web site:

      http://goodeys.tripod.com/goodeysknittingroom/id31.html Thanks you Gladys
      for keeping this page up for newbies.

      Shipping not included in prices:

      Brother 588 (4.5mm standard bed) in excellent working condition, manual and
      all tools/brackets, cast on comb and lace carriage as well as new sponge
      bar: $200.00

      Brother 588 ribber in excellent working condition with manual & all
      tools/brackets, cast on comb for ribber: 100.00

      Brother Knitting Machine Course Lessons 1 through 12 in original binder.
      $75.00.

      Brother Knitleader KL111, including brackets, manual, tube with original
      Mylar patterns, note book with patterns from original owner, & extra Lace
      patterns I'll throw in for free if you purchase the whole package: $375.00
      plus shipping for everything. I'll consider selling pieces separately.

      I've got knitting machine boxes I'll put it all in and I'll make sure it's
      packed well with extra bubble wrap and peanuts - and I'll put in extra foam
      at each end just incase UPS drops it, never hurts to be cautious. My zip is
      98346, the last time I had a machine shipped it cost me about 60, it may be
      more or less for this package. You pay for shipping. I accept PayPal, but
      you have to pay the fees, or send me a money order or personal check (must
      wait until it clears).

      Vicky Lee McGarrity

      www.littlerascalsfarm.com

    • Jennifer
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 1, 2006
        Hi all,

        I’ve been asked to put together a blanket made up of little squares of sock
        yarn. There isn’t a deadline on it, but since the yarn is so fine, I
        imagine it would take a while! :-)

        After going through my stash it seems I have leftovers of about 6 pairs of
        socks…much less than I’d thought.

        I wonder if anyone has leftovers (I guess at least a few yards) that they
        would be willing to part with. I am willing to send you postage to send the
        leftovers to me (I live in Canada, postal code H8Z 1M6) and if you have a
        significant amount left over (like ¼ or ½ a ball) I would pay a fair price
        for it, since it is more than “scraps”. I would also be willing to swap for
        the sock yarn if I have anything that you want (feel free to let me know if
        there is something you need).

        I can send Canadian or American money (cash would be easiest) to you by mail
        once you tell me how much shipping would be.

        Thank you,

        Jennifer Chartrand