For Sale-Brother 710 knitting machine

  • machines_seven
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 31, 2006
      FOR SALE –Brother 710 Knitting machine
      This machine was purchased for me by dear husband and due to poor
      eyesight I am unable to work on this machine as it is a 4.5mm guage,
      thus I am selling it. It is an older machine with a metal bed and
      has had some wear and tear on the case,3 small cracks in the lower
      case have been repaired, but it knits well as far as I have tried
      it. Overall the case is in pretty good shape. I have knitted a
      swatch so you can see it knits evenly and that all needles seem to
      be in good condition. It comes complete with both lace and regular
      carriage and all brushes are in good shape. It has a manual I sent
      to the U.K. for and a new cast on cord. I purchased these before I
      knew I was going to find it hard to see. In fact everything you
      need to use it is included , although some items have been homemade
      or replaced with something that works well. eg: the clamps to hold
      it to the table are c clamps altered to fit. The spongebar is a
      homemade replacement and it has several home made tools-though it
      also has several brother tools. It even has some extra transfer
      tools my dh made for it-he is a retired tool maker. The wax ring is
      worn but still useable and we have replaced the set lever with a
      wrench that fits. The row counter is a bond that has been attached
      to fit and works quite well. So all in all this is a very good
      purchase for someone just starting out and wants to give machine
      knitting a try for a reasonable price or for someone needing to
      replace some major parts. On the page that shows all included the
      only item missing is a crochet hook and an extra needle. Everything
      else is included or has been replaced with something to work just as
      well. I have pictures of everything I can send to anybody
      seriously interested. I live just outside of the Toronto, Ontario
      Canada area. I am asking $85.00 in Canadian funds and would be
      ever so pleased if someone could arrange pick up. If that isn't
      possible, shipping will be no more than $60. in Canada. This machine
      comes from a non smoking, pet free home if this is something you
      need to be aware of.. Please email me at machines_seven@...
      and please put "knitting machine for sale" in the subject line.

      Thanks for looking- M. Hawks - South Central Ontario, Canada