1 lb. Oko Bonjour unbleached organic cotton yarn *plus" free needles

  • McRuggles@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 31, 2000
      Hi guys,

      I have two 8-oz. skeins of the Oko Bonjour unbleached organic cotton yarn
      that a friend gave me (she bought at Earthsong). I was going to use it for a
      baby blanket on the theory that, being undyed and all, 'twould be extra nice,
      but never quite got around to it. I'm not a washcloth knitter but this would
      be nice for it.

      A customer at my fave yarn store made good-looking children's Aran sweaters
      from it.

      This is a tubular yarn...that is it isn't twist-plied but, if you looked a
      cross-section of it, it would be like a hollow pasta tube. (Alright words
      are failing me, but am sure you get the general idea.) I'd use a size 7 or 8
      needle on it. If you need exact yardage, I'll try to find out on Tuesday...

      I'm not certain of a good price but think I remember the price as $28/lb 2
      years ago. I'll sell it for $23 plus mailing cost. Just would rather see it
      used than not...

      PLUS, I still have the La Laine merino assortment from the other day so am
      offering an extra enticement. I have a ton of knitting needles...anyone
      buying either this cotton or the LaLaine can have a free pair of single-point
      aluminum needles...

      I'm still looking for the following if anyone wants to swap for the yarn(s):

      Jane Neighbors knitting book (I can't remember the name...I think
      something like Reversible Two-Color Knitting)

      Starmore's book of men's sweaters

      Richard Rutt, "History of Knitting"

      Poems of Color

      Mary Dominski Sock Patterns collections