Re: [knitswap] Warning: Scam Buyer

  • Judyknit2
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 2, 2004
      It certainly looks like a scam. Several possibe dangers come to mind. The 'buyer' wants your address and phone number so their shipping company can come get it. Possible burglery target? As to their payment, it could be money laundering at the very least, but I'd suspect that with your check info you might find your accounts cleaned out. Said 'client' could just as easily pay the 'buyer' what is owed as to pay you...they want your bank info...

      So, be warned, it certainly sounds like a variation of a scam that DH frequently gets at work (although the $ figures are in the millions there!

      Judy
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 3, 2004
        Yes, this is a scam. You will send the goods and the
        extra money, even though you think the original check
        will have cleared, it will not. I have seen several
        people talk about such scams on other lists, after they
        have been taken. There are a lot of scams like this
        coming out of Lagos-Nigeria. I keep getting e-mails
        from the deposed president and his wife!!
        Ann