Re: [knitswap] DOLLS & TOYS

  • Debbi Young
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 3, 2004
      on 6/3/04 7:45 AM, Linda at lrvictor@... wrote:

      >> Close Knit Press, SWEET DREAMS, 1997 ($5.00)
      > 15 pages with crochet directions for: striped PJs with pom-pom
      > slippers; robe; lace gown & robe & slippers and afghan to fit 18"
      > American Girl dolls.

      Is this still available?

      Debbi
      ***
      Free patterns at http://web.mountain.net/cloudninedesign/
      Knitch Knitters Guild: http://members.tripod.com/knitchnotes/
    • Debbi Young
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 3, 2004
        Sorry! I meant for my last note to go to Linda directly.

        Debbi
      • Linda
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 14, 2004
          Hi All,
          See cover scans of these & other modestly priced goodies for sale (&
          6 *free* patterns) at http://www.lrvictor.bravepages.com
          Thanks for lookin',
          Linda in PA
          :D

          eBay Seller ID: LRVBOOKS

          >Susan Verkest, CROCHETING STORYBOOK HAND PUPPETS, Dover Needlework
          Series, 1981 ($3.00)
          48 page soft cover bookin very good condition has B&W and color
          photos of 21 crochet puppets: Mother Hubbard & dog; Little Miss
          Muffet & Spider; Mary & Lamb; Mother Cat & 3 Kittens; Little Red
          Riding Hood & the Wolf; Old MacDonald; Mother Goose; Gingerbread boy
          & girl; Elf; Pig; Easter Bunny; Bear; and, Frog.

          >Annie's Attic #87D65, PREHISTORIC PLAYMATES, 1992 ($3.00)
          Bi-fold has crochet directions for 4 pre-historic creatures:
          Tyrannosaurus; Brontosaurus; Stegosaurus; and, the ever popular and
          lovely, Triceratops. *Light pencil markings on one page*.

          >The Crochet Catalog, CROCHET COLLECTIBLES, 1987 ($3.00)
          11 page with crochet directions 2 make 3 charming Hummel-style dolls
          using either crochet cotton or 4-ply yarn.

          >Coats & Clark #270, ALL FOR DOLLS, 1978 ($3.00)
          11 pages with 7 crochet designs to Barbie & Ken and 4 crochet designs
          for 13" baby dolls.

          >Leisure Arts #2033, WEDDING & HONEYMOON FASHION FOLL WARDROBE, 1991
          ($3.00)
          18 pages with knit directions for: wedding gown, tux & bridesmaid
          gown; ski outfits; coat; luggage; evening dress; evening jumpsuit &
          fest; turtleneck dress.

          >Leisure Arts #2066, COLLEGE & CAREER FASHION DOLL WARDROBE,1991
          ($3.00)
          18 pages with knit directions for: cheerleader; nurse; ice skater;
          evening gown; Victorian dress; majorette; tennis player; and
          ballerina.

          >Star Book #161, DOLL DRESSES, un-dated - mid-1960's, ($3.00)
          Small format 34 page booklet has B&W photos of outfits to crochet for
          8", 20", 12" & 19" dolls. Costumes are: Bathing Suit; Shorty PJs,
          Robe & Slacks; Bride Gown; 6 Piece Sports Outfit; Hawaiian Muu Muus;
          Party Belles; Bridesmaid; Ballerina; Tea Time Dress; Play clothes;
          and, Sheath Dress, Hat & Coat.

          >Nell Armstrong #102, DOREEN DOLLS EASY TO MAKE, 1951 ($3.50)
          15 pages with B&W photos of 15 charming outfits to crochet for
          various sized dolls (8" character doll, 11" baby dolls, and 8"
          doll). Outfits are named: Connie; Park Avenue Belle; Jean & John;
          Sunbonnet; Marilyn; Bridesmaid; Flora Dora; Jenny & Jimmy; Party
          Girl; Parasol; Skater; Betty & Bob; and Doreen.

          >Coats-Clark's #284, DOLLS OF THE AMERICAS, 1952 ($3.50)
          15 pages with color photos of 14 outfits to crochet: Miss New
          Orleans; Prairie Rose; Miss West Indies; Gypsy Girl, Miss Rio; Miss
          17; Miss Showboat; Priscilla; Georgia Peach; Miss Empire State; Miss
          Williamsburg; Panama Hattie; South of the Border; Party Girl. Lightly
          scuffed covers.

          >J&P Coats-Clark's #292, DOLLS OF OLD AMERICAN SONGS, 1952 ($3.50)
          15 pages with color photos of 14 lovely crochet dresses to make for
          7,5", 8", and 11" tall dolls. Inspired by songs, the costumes are
          named: Jeanie with the Light Brown Hair; Sweet Genevieve; Rosie
          O'Grady; Nelly Gray; Gentle Annie; Lou'siana Belle; Carolina Belle;
          Daisy, Daisy; Nelly was a Lady; Betsy from Pike, Clementine; Chlo-e;
          Oh Susanna; and, Juanita.

          >D'Eliane Lamarque, I LEARN TO KNIT TO DRESS MY DOLL PRIMROSE, Laines
          du Pingouin, no date-1950's ($20.00)
          Adorable 32 page cardboard back book is in very good condition starts
          with a delightful story about a doll, Primrose, and the little girl
          who finds her in the garden one day, Catherine. In the next
          section, "Catherine Learns to Knit"! B&W photos illustrate the
          basics: knit; purl; cast-on; bind-off; inc/dec; etc. The highlight of
          this book for any girl of any age is the last section which has 4
          charming outfits to knit for your favorite dolly!

          Prices do not include shipping
          Currently accepting:
          -PayPal (Cash Only. Do *NOT* accept credit card.);
          -personal check (but wait til they clear b4 mailing);
          -money order/cashier check (ship ASAP).