DOLLS & TOYS

  • Linda
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 3, 2004
      Hi All,
      See cover scans of these & other modestly priced goodies for sale (&
      6 *free* patterns) at http://www.lrvictor.bravepages.com
      Thanks for lookin',
      Linda in PA
      :D

      >Debbie Bliss (edt.), TOY KNITS, St. Martin's Griffin, 1995 ($9.00)
      80 page soft cover book in like new condition has over 30 toys: pigs,
      teddy bears; dolls , sheep, kangaroo, etc. Color photos of each
      project.

      >Close Knit Press, SWEET DREAMS, 1997 ($5.00)
      15 pages with crochet directions for: striped PJs with pom-pom
      slippers; robe; lace gown & robe & slippers and afghan to fit 18"
      American Girl dolls.

      >Gaeta Designs Book 1, KNIT PATTERNS FOR 18" GIRL DOLLS, 199?, 2nd
      printing ($5.00)
      14 pages with 4 cardis with matching hats: lace; mock cable; slip
      stitch; and, patriotic.

      >Nell Armstrong #102, DOREEN DOLLS EASY TO MAKE, 1951 ($3.50)
      15 pages with B&W photos of 15 charming outfits to crochet for
      various sized dolls (8" character doll, 11" baby dolls, and 8"
      doll). Outfits are named: Connie; Park Avenue Belle; Jean & John;
      Sunbonnet; Marilyn; Bridesmaid; Flora Dora; Jenny & Jimmy; Party
      Girl; Parasol; Skater; Betty & Bob; and Doreen.

      >J&P Coats-Clark's #292, DOLLS OF OLD AMERICAN SONGS, 1952 ($3.50)
      15 pages with color photos of 14 lovely crochet dresses to make for
      7,5", 8", and 11" tall dolls. Inspired by songs, the costumes are
      named: Jeanie with the Light Brown Hair; Sweet Genevieve; Rosie
      O'Grady; Nelly Gray; Gentle Annie; Lou'siana Belle; Carolina Belle;
      Daisy, Daisy; Nelly was a Lady; Betsy from Pike, Clementine; Chlo-e;
      Oh Susanna; and, Juanita.

      >D'Eliane Lamarque, I LEARN TO KNIT TO DRESS MY DOLL PRIMROSE, Laines
      du Pingouin, no date-1950's ($20.00)
      Adorable 32 page cardboard back book is in very good condition starts
      with a delightful story about a doll, Primrose, and the little girl
      who finds her in the garden one day, Catherine. In the next
      section, "Catherine Learns to Knit"! B&W photos illustrate the
      basics: knit; purl; cast-on; bind-off; inc/dec; etc. The highlight of
      this book for any girl of any age is the last section which has 4
      charming outfits to knit for your favorite dolly!

      >Coats & Clark #270, ALL FOR DOLLS, 1978 ($3.00)
      11 pages with 7crochet designs to Barbie & Ken and 4 crochet designs
      for 13" baby dolls.

      >Leisure Arts #2033, WEDDING & HONEYMOON FASHION FOLL WARDROBE, 1991
      ($3.00)
      18 pages with knit directions for: wedding gown, tux & bridesmaid
      gown; ski outfits; coat; luggage; evening dress; evening jumpsuit &
      fest; turtleneck dress.

      >Leisure Arts #2066, COLLEGE & CAREER FASHION DOLL WARDROBE,1991
      ($3.00)
      18 pages with knit directions for: cheerleader; nurse; ice skater;
      evening gown; Victorian dress; majorette; tennis player; and
      ballerina.

      >Star Book #161, DOLL DRESSES, un-dated - mid-1960's, ($3.00)
      Small format 34 page booklet has B&W photos of outfits to crochet for
      8", 20", 12" & 19" dolls. Costumes are: Bathing Suit; Shorty PJs,
      Robe & Slacks; Bride Gown; 6 Piece Sports Outfit; Hawaiian Muu Muus;
      Party Belles; Bridesmaid; Ballerina; Tea Time Dress; Play clothes;
      and, Sheath Dress, Hat & Coat.

      >DRESSING DOLLS WITH SUSAN YORK, A Quilters' Resource Publication,
      1999 ($6.50)
      10 charming outfits to make for 13.5", 16" and 18" dolls. The pattern
      insert is still attached. Each of these lovely outfits is illustrated
      with a color photo & has step-by-step sewing directions.

      >Pack-o-Fun, MORE SOCK TOYS YOU CAN MAKE, Meredith Corp., 1984 ($3.00)
      Another recycling craft! Soft cover booklet in very good condition
      has patterns for 26 sock toys including: lion; mermaid; beaver;
      alligator; lamb; honeybee; penguin; brontosaurus; etc.

      ------------------------------
      Prices do not include shipping
      ------------------------------
      Currently accepting:
      -PayPal (Cash Only. Do *NOT* accept credit card.);
      -personal check (but wait til they clear b4 mailing);
      -money order/cashier check (ship ASAP).
    • Debbi Young
      Message 2 of 7 , Jun 3, 2004
        on 6/3/04 7:45 AM, Linda at lrvictor@... wrote:

        >> Close Knit Press, SWEET DREAMS, 1997 ($5.00)
        > 15 pages with crochet directions for: striped PJs with pom-pom
        > slippers; robe; lace gown & robe & slippers and afghan to fit 18"
        > American Girl dolls.

        Is this still available?

        Debbi
        ***
        Free patterns at http://web.mountain.net/cloudninedesign/
        Knitch Knitters Guild: http://members.tripod.com/knitchnotes/
      • Debbi Young
        Message 3 of 7 , Jun 3, 2004
          Sorry! I meant for my last note to go to Linda directly.

          Debbi
        • Linda
          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 14, 2004
            Hi All,
            See cover scans of these & other modestly priced goodies for sale (&
            6 *free* patterns) at http://www.lrvictor.bravepages.com
            Thanks for lookin',
            Linda in PA
            :D

            eBay Seller ID: LRVBOOKS

            >Susan Verkest, CROCHETING STORYBOOK HAND PUPPETS, Dover Needlework
            Series, 1981 ($3.00)
            48 page soft cover bookin very good condition has B&W and color
            photos of 21 crochet puppets: Mother Hubbard & dog; Little Miss
            Muffet & Spider; Mary & Lamb; Mother Cat & 3 Kittens; Little Red
            Riding Hood & the Wolf; Old MacDonald; Mother Goose; Gingerbread boy
            & girl; Elf; Pig; Easter Bunny; Bear; and, Frog.

            >Annie's Attic #87D65, PREHISTORIC PLAYMATES, 1992 ($3.00)
            Bi-fold has crochet directions for 4 pre-historic creatures:
            Tyrannosaurus; Brontosaurus; Stegosaurus; and, the ever popular and
            lovely, Triceratops. *Light pencil markings on one page*.

            >The Crochet Catalog, CROCHET COLLECTIBLES, 1987 ($3.00)
            11 page with crochet directions 2 make 3 charming Hummel-style dolls
            using either crochet cotton or 4-ply yarn.

            >Coats & Clark #270, ALL FOR DOLLS, 1978 ($3.00)
            11 pages with 7 crochet designs to Barbie & Ken and 4 crochet designs
            for 13" baby dolls.

            >Leisure Arts #2033, WEDDING & HONEYMOON FASHION FOLL WARDROBE, 1991
            ($3.00)
            18 pages with knit directions for: wedding gown, tux & bridesmaid
            gown; ski outfits; coat; luggage; evening dress; evening jumpsuit &
            fest; turtleneck dress.

            >Leisure Arts #2066, COLLEGE & CAREER FASHION DOLL WARDROBE,1991
            ($3.00)
            18 pages with knit directions for: cheerleader; nurse; ice skater;
            evening gown; Victorian dress; majorette; tennis player; and
            ballerina.

            >Star Book #161, DOLL DRESSES, un-dated - mid-1960's, ($3.00)
            Small format 34 page booklet has B&W photos of outfits to crochet for
            8", 20", 12" & 19" dolls. Costumes are: Bathing Suit; Shorty PJs,
            Robe & Slacks; Bride Gown; 6 Piece Sports Outfit; Hawaiian Muu Muus;
            Party Belles; Bridesmaid; Ballerina; Tea Time Dress; Play clothes;
            and, Sheath Dress, Hat & Coat.

            >Nell Armstrong #102, DOREEN DOLLS EASY TO MAKE, 1951 ($3.50)
            15 pages with B&W photos of 15 charming outfits to crochet for
            various sized dolls (8" character doll, 11" baby dolls, and 8"
            doll). Outfits are named: Connie; Park Avenue Belle; Jean & John;
            Sunbonnet; Marilyn; Bridesmaid; Flora Dora; Jenny & Jimmy; Party
            Girl; Parasol; Skater; Betty & Bob; and Doreen.

            >Coats-Clark's #284, DOLLS OF THE AMERICAS, 1952 ($3.50)
            15 pages with color photos of 14 outfits to crochet: Miss New
            Orleans; Prairie Rose; Miss West Indies; Gypsy Girl, Miss Rio; Miss
            17; Miss Showboat; Priscilla; Georgia Peach; Miss Empire State; Miss
            Williamsburg; Panama Hattie; South of the Border; Party Girl. Lightly
            scuffed covers.