SELLING Books, Fiber and Spinning wheel

  • Esther Sharrigan
    Message 1 of 25 , Nov 4, 2003
      Hopefully the lists will accept my items for sale and I'm not breaking
      any rules. I don't remember which list is Thursday's only.

      1 . NEW -- Country Knits by Debbie Bliss & Fiona McTague = over 30
      glorious designs. Lists for $19.95 my price $15.00 Fair Isle, Arian and
      Tapestry style patterns, well illustrated and photographed in color.
      This is a new book

      2. Needlework Stitches by Barbara Snook $7.00, Paperback book, 370
      separate well illustrated needlework stitches with clear, concise
      directions and simple, easy to follow diagrams = (out of print)

      3. Vogue Knitting International - Winter 00/01 = $3.00 Many patterns
      using fur and textured yarns, plus designs for men.

      4. Knit 'n Style - December 1998, Issue 98 = $2.50 Easy to knit
      patterns including patterns using eyelash yarn and Classic ski sweater
      of the US Olympic Dale of Norway

      5. Knit 'n Style - December 2001, Issue 115 = $2.50 Great Winter and
      Holiday Knits, Norwegian Knitting, New Zealand Handpaint Yarn Tour, many
      simple easy to follow directions

      6. Finnish/Swedish/Norwegian style Spinning Wheel in Excellent
      Condition, wheel looks similar to EBay item # 2348512130 (Carson Cooper
      Walnut Wheel) that just ended with $590.00 (reserve not met). Perfect
      working order, well oiled, smooth even spinner with spliced drive band.
      The wheel measures 41" tall x 38" long x 21" wide and wheel itself 21"
      in diameter. . Age of wheel approximately 1918, with treadle all one
      piece and pins directly into the legs. $ 375 .00 plus shipping from ME
      04578 or pick up. (Photo available)

      FIBER:

      1 . Two pounds Brown Sheep Co. Merino Superwash, Royal Blue $ 35 .00

      2 . One pound Red Barn Farm Rainbows "Rich Burgundy" Hand Dyed Merino
      (4, 4oz pac's) $ 25 .00

      3 . One pound Bluestone Merino Top w/Superwash wool $ 15 .00 Shades of
      blue make up the base, with some tan and little white through it. Very
      soft? A very pretty yarn? Will not shrink and a treat to spin?

      4 . One pound Baltic Merino Top w/Superwash wool $ 15 .00 Bright blue
      with many colors running through it. Very pretty yarn, Soft and easy to
      spin.

      From a Smoke free, clean home . Shipping extra from 04578

    • Janet Lynn
      Message 2 of 25 , Jan 23, 2004
        Hi everyone,

        Time to make room for the new so it's out with the Excess!

        I have the following for sale:

        Quantity 2 kits - Boot liners - knit with unspun and then fulled. Available one kit in maroon and one in varrigated greens. Originally $11.50, Now 9.00

        Rolled Brim Hat Kit - knit with unspun and yarn - Originally $28.00 - Now $22.00

        Stuffed Mittens 2 Kits - Unspun and yarn - One is green with rose and the other green with brown - Originally $20.00 - Now $16.00

        Merino Lace Triangle Shawl Kit - Great for beginners. One 4 ounce skein of Natural Merino lace weight yarn (dye it later if you want) along with instructions - 4 Available. Originally $21.95 - NOW $15.00

        I also have three bags of Spindrella's Thrums for spinners. One in Glitz (greens/grays/a bit of red and glitz) One in Desert Flowers gray brown base with many colors blended in) and one in Fiesta which is a white base with hints of many other colors - very soft and subtle. There are $10 per bag or $25 for all three.

        All but the thrums can be viewed at
        http://www.the-wheel-thing.com/products/Specials/index.html

        Postage NOT included

        Thanks
        Janet
        http://www.the-wheel-thing.com
        Ashford, Babe, Kromski, Fricke/Strauch Drum Carders,
        Alvin Ramer Wool Combs, Many Spindle Makers,
        VISA, MC, Cash Funded PayPal

      • krischeeks@aol.com
        Message 3 of 25 , Nov 1, 2005
          Hi,
          I'm trying to reduce my stash. The following is for sale:
          1. Schaffhauser Nancy (color coral)
          43% cotton, 32%acrylic, 17%viscose, 8% silk
          22 sts = 4"
          50 grams = 124 yds
          9 balls for $6.00 shipping extra

          2. Pingouin Pingofrance II (color-heather blue)
          75% acrylic, 25% wool
          23 sts=4"
          50 grams=150yds
          11 balls for $11.00 shipping extra

          3. Welcomme L'Akala (color-lavender)
          100% Cotton
          21 sts = 4"
          50 grams= 95yds
          11 balls for $11.00 shipping extra

          4. Pingouin LeYarn 3 (color-rosey tan)
          80% Acrylic, 20% Wool
          18 sts =4"
          50 grams=200 yds
          6 balls for $6.00 shipping extra

          5. Robert Kidd Kit (hand dyed fall colors)
          100% Cotton
          3 sts=1 " on #9 needles
          There is enough yarn and a pattern for a cardigan or
          pullover. These kits were popular in the '90s and orginaly sold for $140.00
          Yours for $70.00 plus shipping.

          Thanks,
          Kris

        • Marilyn Spencer
          Message 4 of 25 , May 10, 2006
            I'm reducing my yarn stash a bit--please take a look.
            Thanks, Marilyn

            Stash yarns for sale. Smoke-free environment .
            Stored in closed, plastic tubs. Postage will be added
            based on weight of package. Check, money order, or
            Paypal.

            Kool Kidz Chunky (Sirdar), 100 grams, 164 yards,
            93%Acrylic/ 7% Polyester, machine wash and dry,
            14sts/1in/US10, 2 skeins color 946(light green), 2
            skeins 944(light lavender), and 2 skeins color
            947(light yellow). All colors have pink, blue, and
            green slubs. $4.00 each

            Debbie Bliss Merino DK, 50 grams, 121 yards, 100%
            Merino Wool, 22sts/1in/US6, 1 skein navy blue, 1
            skein off-white, $4.00 each

            Tweedy Lamb (Tahki), 50 grams, 104 yards, 51% Lambs
            Wool/ 49% Viscose, 4 1/2sts/1in/US6, 2 skeins color
            1909 (navy blue) and 2 skeins color1901 (medium gray).
            Both colors have teal and mauve tweedyflecks. $2.00
            each

            Lang Jawoll Sport sock yarn, 45 grams plus 5 grams
            reinforcement yarn, 135 meters, 75% wool/ 18%
            polyamide/ 7% acrylic, sock/fingering weight, 2
            skeins color 8126 medium tan, $3.00 each

            Regia Linien Color sock yarn, 100 grams, 420 meters,
            25%polyamide/ 75% wool, sock/fingering weight, 1
            skein color 5279 (white with primary colors)--makes 1
            pair of adult socks, $6.00

            Magic Stripes (Lion Brand), sock yarn, 100 grams, 330
            yards, 75% wool/ 25% nylon, sock/fingering weight, 1
            skein color 204 (Bright Spring) which is a
            gray/white/orange/green/hot pink mix--makes 1 pair of
            adult socks, $3.00

            Regia Cotton Color sock yarn, 50 grams, 200 meters,
            47% wool/ 34% cotton/ and 25% polyamide,
            sock/fingering weight, 2 skeins color 5430
            (blues/grays)--2 skeins make 1 pair of adult socks, $6
            for both.

            Moira (FFF), made in Italy, 50 grams, 82 yards,
            68%nylon/ 20%acrylic/12%mohair, 3sts/1in/US10, 10
            skeins color 52 (burnt orange), 5 skeins color 51
            (chocolate brown), and 7 skeins color 53 (medium
            burgundy). These colors coordinate beautifully, and
            they would knit into a magnificent shawl, poncho, or
            sweater. $5.50 per skein

            Quilted project tote--cat pattern, rusts and browns,
            zipper, great for small projects, socks, etc.--about
            12” long, 5 “ wide, and 4” deep, unused, perfect
            condition, $3.00

            Donegal Tweed DK (Sirdar), 50 grams, 132 yards, 45%
            wool/ 25% acrylic/ 30% polyester, 5 sts/1 in/ US6, 11
            skeins color 171 (medium brown with primary color
            tweed),
            $50.00 for all 11 skeins

            I love to knit in the worsted way!

            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • Marilyn Spencer
            Message 5 of 25 , Aug 5, 2006
              Please take a look--make a reasonable offer on
              everything if you wish--would like to clear the stash.
              Thanks, Marilyn

              Stash yarns for sale. Smoke-free environment .
              Stored in closed, plastic tubs. Postage will be added
              based on weight of package. Check, money order, or
              Paypal.

              Yarns:
              Adriafil Stars, viscose/polymid nylon, rust, 1
              skein, $2.00
              Classic Elite Believe, cotton/rayon, subdued hot
              pink, 1 skein, $1.50
              Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool, wool/silk, color 12
              medium pink, 6 skeins (5 are balled) $30 for all
              Euro Yarns Cuddly Classic DK, nylon/acrylic,
              royal blue, 2 skeins, $2.00 for both
              Fiesta Yarns Rayon Boucle, 1 skein Stargazer, 1
              skein Moroccan $19.00 for both
              FRF Moira, nylon/acrylic/mohair, golden rust, 10
              skeins, $25.00 for all
              GGHTrikolore, 100% wool, color 25,
              gold/blue/purple/pink, etc., 1 skein, $3.00
              Lion Brand Fun Fur, 1 skein red, 3 skeins pastels
              $2.00 for all
              Manukau Wools Charisma, 100% wool, 10 ply aran,
              teal/dark mauve, etc., 2 skeins, $10.00 for both
              Naturally Yarns Magic Garden Buttons,
              wool/polyester, black, 2 skeins $5.00 for both
              Peter Pan Wendy, DK, nylon/acrylic, baby
              blend--white/yellow/green, 1 skein, $1.50
              Plymouth 100% Baby Alpaca, light gray, 3 skeins,
              $6.00 for all
              Schulana Novena, rayon/nylon ribbon yarn, primary
              colors, 2 skeins, $6.00 for both
              Schulana Sereina, wool/rayon/nylon,
              purple/tea/green, 1 skein, $2.00
              Sirdar Donegal Tweed DK, wool/acrylic, chocolate
              brown, 11 skeins, $30.00 for all
              Sirdar Kool Kidz Chunky, acrylic/polyester, 2
              skeins each of purple, green, yellow, $6.00 for all
              Sirdar Snuggly DK, nylon/acrylic, red, 1 skein,
              $1.00
              Sirdar Valentino, nylon/acrylic, medium gray, 1
              skein, $1.50
              Socka Cotton Color, cotton/superwash
              wool/polyamide, sock yarn, white/purple/yellow/
              green/red/blue mix, 1 3/4 skeins, $4.00 for all
              Stacy Charles Sabrfina, Color 6, orangy pinky,
              green, gold, etc., 2 skeins, $5.00 for all
              Unlabeled yarns:
              3/4 skein what I think is hot pink Techno
              Fur, $1.00
              1 skein purple oriented hand done--glitz,
              eyelash, many textures into 1 skein, $3.00
              1 skein 100% medium brown wool (guessing
              Harrisville), $3.00

              Patterns, $1.00 each:
              Designs by Shelley, The “Countney Bag Pack”
              felted book bag, 15”x14”x6”
              Silver Creek Classics, #S-506, Cable Yoke
              Guernsey Pullover Sweater(women’s)
              Sirdar Snowflake Double Knitting, #4294, Funnel
              Top or Round Neck, Sleeveless Top for girls age 1-12
              yrs.
              Country’s Child pattern, Lucky Ducks, Infant
              Slip Shoulder Cardigan & Hat, 3 mons. to 2 yrs.
              Los Lobe Hose Tiny Sock Earrings (pattern only)
              Verts Creations Opal Masterpiece Tulip Lace Sock
              Wool You Order “Molly’s Sox”

              Miscellaneous:
              Quilted Tote Bag, pocket inside and out, approx.
              15”x17”, like new, $5.00 bargain

              Message 6 of 25 , Sep 14, 2006
                Thanks for taking a look!
                Stash yarns for sale. Smoke-free environment .
                Stored in closed, plastic tubs. Postage will be added
                based on weight of package. Check or money order
                accepted.

                Yarns:
                Classic Elite Believe, cotton/rayon, subdued hot
                pink, 1 skein, $1.00
                Schulana Sereina, wool/rayon/nylon,
                purple/teal/green, 1 skein, $1.00
                Stacy Charles Sabrina, Color 6, orangy pinky,
                green, gold, etc., 1 skein, $1.00
                Filati FF “Moira’”, nylon/acrylic/mohair, golden
                rust, 10 skeins (this is a nylon/mohair/acrylic blend
                which knits 3 stitches to the inch -- beautiful yarn
                for a shawl/poncho (each skein is 50 grams/82 yards),
                $25 for all or best reasonable offer
                Naturally Yarns, Chunky 14 ply (100 grams, 132
                yards, 100% wool, 3 1/2 sts/in.):
                Color 550 cream 2 skeins

                Color 552 light brown 1 skein
                Color 554 charcoal gray 2 skeins
                Color 553 light medium brown 3 skeins

                Color 558 medium brown 1 skein

                Color 551 light tan 7 skeins (all of
                the above 16 skeins for $55.00

                Patterns:
                Imperial Stock Ranch (Oregon): The Corps of
                Discovery Fatigue Hat, $1.00

                I love to knit in the worsted way!

                http://mail.yahoo.com
              • Elsingers
                Message 7 of 25 , Oct 7, 2006
                  All yarn is from a smoke-free environment, stored in plastic bins. Prices
                  are in US$ and do not include shipping. Payment is by Paypal (cash funded
                  ONLY) or money order. Please send zip code/postal code when inquiring so I
                  can get you a total with shipping.

                  1) Classic Elite "Commotion". 86% wool, 14% nylon. 50 gram hank. 200
                  yds/hank. 3 1/2 sts=1" #9 needles. Color: #4280 (Dragonfly). 7 skeins
                  (all same dye lot). $22.75
                  http://webpages.charter.net/jelsinger/Yarn/Commotion.jpg

                  2) Bernat "Berella 4". 100% acrylic. Worsted weight. 100 gram skein. 195
                  yds/skein. 5 sts=1" #7 needles. Color: #9105 (Evening Dusk). 5 skeins
                  (all same dye lot). $6.25
                  http://webpages.charter.net/jelsinger/Yarn/Berella.jpg
                  (Yarn is much richer in color than scan.)

                  3) Caron "Bliss". 60% acrylic, 40% nylon. Bulky weight. 50 gram skein.
                  82 yds/skein. 3.25 sts=1" #10 needles. Color: #0001 (Snow). 8 skeins (one
                  wound into a center pull ball - not same dye lot). $16.00
                  http://webpages.charter.net/jelsinger/Yarn/Bliss.jpg

                  4) Lion Brand "Wool-Ease". 80% acrylic, 20% wool. Sportweight. 5 oz/140
                  gms. 435 yds/skein. 5 sts=1" #5 needles. 3 skeins. One of #132 (Green);
                  one of #153 (Black); one of #109 (Royal Blue). $3.00

                  5) Berroco "Gem". 95% nylon, 5% metallic polyester. 50 gram ball. 125
                  yds/ball. 5 sts=1" #9 needles. Color: #3673 (Pyrite). 2 balls (same dye
                  lot). $4.00
                  See yarn at berroco web site (click on shade card to see the Pyrite color).
                  http://www.berroco.com/yarns/gem.html

                  Thanks.

                  LuAnn Elsinger
                  WI
                • bjb_wildgeese
                  Message 8 of 25 , Jan 31, 2007
                    I have way too much of this lopi style yarn. I paid $4.80 per skein,
                    I'm selling it for $3.00 per 4 oz. 150 yd skein, plus actual shipping.
                    (Cdn $$$) I accept paypal. I will ship to addresses in North America.
                    Outside North America, please inquire.
                    This is a nice pure wool,softer than regular lopi, Canadian lopi yarn,
                    that I purchased from Custom Woolen Mills.

                    Royal blue - 12 skeins
                    Beige - 17 skeins
                    Natural white - 5 skeins
                    Yellow - 1 skein
                    Turquoise - 2 skeins

                    I am also willing to consider offers for the full lot of all the yarn.
                    Barbara Brown
                    Gibbons, Alberta, Canada
                  • Celia Rowland
                    Message 9 of 25 , Mar 21 11:45 AM
                      I need to make some quick cash before the weekend (taxes wiped me out
                      this month). All sales are PayPal only (cash or CC-funded). Shipping
                      is extra. Let me know if you wish Priority Mail or parcel post. All
                      yarns have been kept in bins, all in its original packaging with
                      labels. No smoking, no pets here. Shipping from 27615.

                      Celia Rowland
                      Raleigh, NC

                      1) elann.com Peruvian Sierra Aran, 28 skeins, color 0638 (dark
                      indigo). 91 yds/skein - 18 st/10 cm on size 8 US needles. 80% Highland
                      wool, 20% alpaca. Willing to sell this in smaller increments at
                      $2.50/skein, but if I have a buyer who wants it all, it's $60.00
                      ($10.00 savings).

                      2) Rowan All Seasons Cotton, Color 218, 10 skeins (pansy). Retails for
                      $7.95/skein. Here for $4.50/skein, 45.00 for all 10 skeins.

                      3) Knitpicks Andean Silk in Leaf (wrong green for me), 18 skeins.
                      Sells for $3.99/skein. Here for $3.00/skein, or $54.00 for all 18
                      skeins.

                      ------
                    • Katie Clements
                      Message 10 of 25 , Apr 15, 2007
                        I'm having to clear some things out as my son is moving home. Please take a
                        look below and see if there isn't something you need or can use. I accept
                        Paypal or money orders. Postage not included unless otherwise noted.
                        Pictures may be seen at:
                        http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/bebosmom1/album?.dir=9327&.src=ph&store=&prodid=&.done=http%3a//photos.yahoo.com/ph//my_photos

                        Katie Clements
                        Oklahoma
                        bebosmom1@...

                        Spin-Off - Winter 2003 thru Fall 2003, Summer & Fall 2004 - $4 each
                        Fashion Knitting - Aug 1982, Jan 1983, Dec 1984, Feb 1985, Jun 1985, Oct
                        1991, Dec 1991, Jun 1997, Aug 1997, Oct 1997 - $1 each
                        Leisure Arts and assorted pamphlets - $1 each
                        Vintage Knitting patterns - $1 each
                        Sock Blockers - $10 pair
                        Addi Turbo & Crystal Palace Knitting Needles - $6 each
                        Sock patterns - $2 each (includes shipping)
                        2+ lbs handspun yarn. Everything from wool - silk. $10
                        Odds & Ends of yarn lot - $5
                        Bag of wool bits for felting - $5