Re: New Hand Dyed and Handspun

  • joyce99033099
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 2, 2003
      I have still available a 2 oz and 4 oz kit of the "Seafoam"
      2 oz kit includes 1/2 oz dyed fleece and a skein of Kid
      Mohair/Lamb's wool with some teal blue Fringe for a really soft next
      to the skin scarf project.
      I have just redone the web page at

      http://www.angelfire.com/space/stevia

      The colorway is shown under "Pricelist-Batts" in the digital picture
      next to the beautiful blue Mohair lock.

      For scarf ideas, there are views of the completed projects shown in
      large photos.

      I have also added pictures of "The Garden" and the new "Alpaca"
      fibers.

      Since spring is here, the fountain is working, and spinning in the
      garden gives me a creative surge.

      Get a spindle and some fiber and start spinning or grab some fleece
      or roving and dye-dye-dye!

      --- In knitswap@yahoogroups.com, "joyce99033099 <joyce3099@n...>"
      <joyce3099@n...> wrote:
      > I have been home spinning, and just finished some really nice Kid
      > Mohair combinations, about 1/2 mohair and 1/2 Bluefaced Leicester
      > Coopworth Lamb, very very soft for next-to-the skin wear. The
      > combinations are dyed in Seafoam varying shades of aqua, blue,
      > seagreen and white. Very cool, reminds be of the Bahamas, that
      > beautiful sea Blue. Also did up one with Indigo, pink, lavender
      > purples. There is about 100 grams, which would be about 2
      regular
      > balls of the mohair size usually found in shops. Probably 100
      yards.
      > The way I use it is to group together color families, and knit a
      > scarf lengthwise, leading out the fringe edge and looping back to
      > continue each row. This matches the row to the fringe.I can add
      bits
      > of my stash of yarns, even use commercial yarn or glitz and
      strands
      > of iridescent fiber. This is a great way to icorporate my
      handspuns
      > which is usually in designer boutique small one of a kind amounts,
      > and when mixed with other yarns, ensures there is enough for the
      > whole project. I have some pictures of blends at
      > http://www.angelfire.com/space/stevia/HOMEyarn.html.
      > The mohairs I finished also are combined with a long strand
      Lincoln