4086File - FAQ's

  • knitswap@yahoogroups.com
    Aug 1, 2001
      You are subscribed to the KnitSwap mailing list. You may post offerings to swap or sell knitting, spinning, weaving, and crochet related things.
      Alas, I have learned that I must address the following subjects from the start, as the problems they can cause takes too much of my time.

      A General Rules

      1. Do NOT advertise eBay or other auctions. Do not post items here that are also currently offered on any auction site. You may post items offered here on an auction site no sooner than 10 days after they were offered here.

      2. Do NOT solicit readers to bid for your items. If you want an auction, go to an auction site.

      3. You may post ONCE per day offering items for sale or swap. Such posts need not be limited to one item, but the moderators will delay or delete multiple posts.

      4. You may post as often as necessary to advise the list that things have been sold. However, if you have a lot of items, you may want to save the list as a file, and update the file as things are sold. People who are interested in items listed previously can check your file.

      5. A request to buy/swap does not create a "contract" with the other side until that side has expressed consent.

      6. Once an agreement is made, prompt payment or shipment is expected. If you delay more than a week without contact to the other party, he or she may feel free to offer it to another person, or to the list. He or she may also offer it on an auction site. You cannot complain that someone sells/swaps something "out from under you" if you took a month to send the check/money order etc.

      7. Do not solicit business for your LYS, online shop or site, or personal business. If you are a shop owner, feel free to put up specific offerings, (for example, items in your clearance bins or sale bins) BUT you MUST be sure to identify these offerings as items on sale or clearance from your shop, and identify the name of the shop. You can certainly swap personally, but please, don't follow up with your swap buddies by sending catalogs or solicitous emails unless you KNOW that they are actively wanted. This list may not be used for spamming.

      8. You are strongly encouraged to send feedback to the listowner on every swap or transaction. I maintain a feedback list, whereon I post feedback ratings on the feedback page, at http://www.angelfire.com/il/hkpope/feedback.html. This site was created, and is maintained, so that you can learn whether the person with whom you'll be trading has a good track record. When you have a good experience, let me know... that way your swap/sale partner will get a good score!

      9. If you have any problems with swaps or sales with members of this list, please contact me. I will endeavor to facilitate a resolution, and if none can be found, will post a notice on the Feedback Page's Negative Reports site at http://www.angelfire.com/il/hkpope/NegReports.html explaining both sides of the story.

      10. Threatening others with reporting them to me is unacceptable behavior. If you have not been able to work things out, contact me. Do not (I repeat do NOT) tell the other party that if they don't do what you want you'll turn them in to me. If I learn of such behavior, that alone will earn one of you a negative feedback point (either the threatener, or the reporter of the threats if I am convinced that the report is false). [I can't believe I've had to say this!]

      11. Persons with excessive numbers of negative points will be banned from the list.

      12. When working out a deal for a large quantity of yarn or other items, it is a good ida to send a detailed list of the items sent/expected. This avoids the possibility that the two parties have differing expecations, and thus avoids disappointment.

      Whew. I hope I never have to add another point! However, having gotten that out of the way, we can now get on with the fun!

      I hope you enjoy the list! Please share your feedback with me/
      Thanks,
    • Show all 195 messages in this topic