38448and another round of downsizing....

  • Janet Arthur
    Jun 17, 2014
      Digging deeper in my stash has resulted in the following goodies.  I am also listing a few projects finished and not worn as they are too large (diet worked!) for less than the cost of yarn.  All items carefully stored in a non-smoking home.  The prices listed below DO NOT include mailing costs.

      Please do ask me for additional information if I have neglected details you require.  You can reach me at either iknitnspin@... or jarthur@...  I will require your full mailing address if you are wanting me to find actual mailing costs.  Payment please by cheque or money order, I cannot accept PayPal.  I am located in Ontario Canada.

      Thank you everyone for your support while I work through this process.

      *********

      COMPLETED ITEMS - washed, blocked, ready for gifting
      Link to Artcom on Ravelry to show the completed items

      NOTE:  this first sweater has mainly discontinued colours, was knit to be an identical match to the designer's original - I love it, haven't worn it
      sadly, sizing is no longer flattering on me so I'm selling for less than my costs of yarn
      1. Design: Design #7, Alafoss Book 18 by Gréta Björk Jóhannesdóttir
      http://www.ravelry.com/projects/artcom/design-7-2
      Size: 50"
      Yarn: Icelandic Alafoss Lopi x 16 balls
      Colours: Dark Denim Heather, Dark Sienna, Copper, Antique Gold, Light Beige, Loden Green and Field
      Yarn Cost $150, asking $125

      2. Design: Cardigan Details by Meg Swansen
      http://www.ravelry.com/projects/artcom/norwegian-dropped-shoulder-aka-lupine-cardigan--wg51-2
      Yarn: Bartlettyarn Rangely with Norwegian pewter buttons (13 balls of Rangely used & paid $27 for buttons alone from Schoolhouse)
      Colour: Scotia with light sheep's grey accents
      Size: Finished Chest = 50", Finished Length = 29"
      Yarn & Buttons Cost $145, asking $95

      3. Design: Enchanting by Fiddlesticks Knitting
      http://www.ravelry.com/projects/artcom/enchanting
      Yarn: Fiddlesticks Knitting Lace Sensation
      Colour: Iris
      Size: 46" (stretches much larger/longer if required)
      Yarn Cost $45, asking $20

      4. Design: Shawl Collared (Saddle Sleeve) Jacket, belted by Meg Swansen
      http://www.ravelry.com/projects/artcom/saddle-sleeve-jacket-wg53
      Icelandic Plotulopi x 10 wheels used
      Colour: Natural undyed Moorit brown
      Size: Finished Chest 48" plus  (roomy fit as intended for jacket use)
      Yarn Cost $85, asking $75

      HANDSPINNING
      5. a) Spinning Llama and Alpaca - 3rd Edition , Chris Switzer - autographed
      b) Projects for Alpaca and Llama, Chris Switzer - autographed
      Retail $36, asking $20 for the pair

      6. Interweave Knit & Spin 2011, Interweave - OOP
      Paid $14.99, asking $8

      7. Cashmere, A Complete Guide from Fibre to Fashion by Sue Meech - OOP
      Asking $20

      8. Ply Magazine - First Issue - OOP - $6
      NOTE:  this was previously claimed but because of postage costs to mail alone, is now available
      If someone is wanting other yarns or heavier items, it will travel in the pkg without costing additional postage

      9. The Natural Knitter - Barbara Albright - OOP hc
      'How to Choose, Use and Knit Natural Fibers from Alpaca to Yak'
      Paid $35 US/$44 C, asking $10

      KNITTING BOOKS

      10. 45 Fine & Fanciful Hats to Knit, Anna Zilboorg, hc OOP - as new - asking $18

      11. Fancy Feet, Traditional Knitting Patterns of Turkey, Anna Zilboorg, hc OOP - new - asking $25

      REDUCED:
      12. Robin Hansen Mitten Grouping
      Includes:
      a) Sunny's Mittens, sc spiral OOP
      b) Ice Harbor Mittens, hc OOP
      c) Favorite Mittens - Best TraditionalMitten Patterns from Fox & Geese & Fences as well as Flying Geese & Partridge Feet
      Paid $65, asking $25

      KNITTING PATTERNS

      13. Fiddlesticks Lace Grouping - Retail $48, asking $24
      Includes:
      http://www.fiddlesticksknitting.com/index.html
      a. Fiddlesticks Knitting "The Garden Shawl"
      b. Fiddlesticks Knitting "The Tina Shawl"
      c. Fiddlesticks Knitting "Windswept"
      d. Fiddlesticks Knitting "Wonderful Wimples"

      14. Lucy Neatby Grouping - Retail $37, asking $12
      Includes:
      http://www.lucyneatby.com/index.php
      a. Lucy Neatby #662 "Celestial Baby Sweater"
      b. Lucy Neatby "Christabel Cloche"
      c. Lucy Neatby "Equilateral Vest"

      15. Artisan Lace Designs by Margaret Stove - laminated sheets, bundle of 3
      Includes:
      a) Three Lace Scarves in Simple Patterns
      b) Three Long Stitch Lacey Scarves
      c) Luxury Lace Scarves
      Retail $20, asking $10

      17. Skacel Collection "A-Line Tank Top"
      Retail $6 - FREE with purchase

      18. Uncle Frank by Irish Girlie Knits
      FREE - with purchase

      19. Deck the Balls in Mosaic - Kalamazoo Knits
      https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/87711925/deck-the-balls-with-mosaic-slipped
      Retail $6 - FREE with purchase

      YARN

      20. Ysolda Teague Bundle - book and silk lace yarn
      Includes:
      a) Saturday Treat, sc
      b) Fyberspates "Scrumptious Lace", 45% silk/55% merino
      Colour #511 Wine Gum (a deep peacock/teal) 1000 yards/100gm
      NOTE:  This colour is used to knit the design Pear Drop but would knit wonderfully into a Lakeshore shawl
      c) Lakeshore shawl, pattern by Glenna C.
      http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/lakeshore-shawl
      Retail $50, asking $35

      Link to Handspun #21, #22 and #23
      http://www.ravelry.com/projects/artcom/handspun

      21. HANDSPUN - $18
      Woolgatherings - hand painted fiber - Superwash BFL
      4 oz - spun into a 2 ply worsted  - approx. 146 yards
      NOTE:  I'd planned mittens or a hat with this so spun bulkier
      Colours are rainbow - purple, red, orange, green, teal

      22. HANDSPUN - $18
      Corriedale - hand dyed fiber (I washed the fleece, dyed and carded it before spinning)
      Colours are plum, navy - bonus mini skein - there is a little 3 ply 'leftover on bobbin' navajo plied mini skein as well
      75 gm - spun into a 2 ply fingering weight - approx. 240 yards

      23. HANDSPUN - $18
      Corriedale - hand dyed fiber (I washed the fleece, dyed and carded it before spinning)
      Colours are rust, with slight brown tone - bonus mini skein - there is a little 3 ply 'leftover on bobbin' navajo plied mini skein as well
      75 gm - spun into a 2 ply fingering weight - approx. 219 yards

      REDUCED
      24. 24 balls of Dale of Norway "Heilo" by Dalegarn - Paid $144, asking $75
      100% pure new Norwegian Wool - 100 m/50 gm
      Grouping includes:
      a) #2931 'natural' x 4
      b) #0090 'black' x 6
      c) #4137 'red' x 4 - discontinued colour
      d) #7562 'green' x 4 - discontinued
      e) #9155 ' green' x 2 - discontinued
      f) #0017 'white' x 4
      NOTE:  if interested, this grouping creates 4 Nordic Stockings (Sally Melville design) in required colours

      25. Malabrigo Sock, 100 gm/440 yards
      Colour: Ivy #138
      Retail $25.95, asking $17

      26. Brown Sheep Company "Serendipity Tweed"
      60% Cotton/40% Wool, 100 gm/210 yards
      Retail $12C, asking $8 each or take all of the available skeins for $6 x # available
      Colours include:
      ST84 Nebraska Wheat x 2 (same dyelot)
      ST20 Teal Orchid
      ST88 Chocolate Lily
      ST96 Oregon Leaves

      27. LettLopi from Iceland - Bundle includes:
      a) 0057 medium beige - same lot # x 2
      b) 0085 medium tan x 1
      c) 0052 dark brown x 1
      d) 0867 dark moorit x 1
      Retail $30, asking $15

      NEEDLES and ACCESSORIES

      28. Inspinity Blocking Wires - Double Deluxe Set (never used)
      https://www.etsy.com/transaction/157952001?ref=fb2_tnx_title
      Retail $100, asking $70

      29. Mad Bird Knitting Project Bag Square - Large Size - Azucar print  (never used)
      Their status currently is 'on indefinite hiatus'
      Paid $48 asking $28

      30. Hiya Hiya Bamboo Circular Knitting Needle Grouping: 16", 24" and 40" in 4.5 mm size - new in pkgs
      Retail $28.50, asking $14

      31. Chiaogoo Knit Red Lace Circular Duo: 3.5 mm x 32" and 40" - new in pkgs
      Retail $20, asking $10

      Janet Arthur
      Ontario Canada