37595More downsizing - Shetland Yarns, Corriedale Wool Top, Spindle, Sock Yarn, Interchangeable Hiya Hiya, Denise, Knitter's Pride Interchangeable and Sock Set

  • Janet Arthur
    Feb 1, 2013
      Hello everyone, thank you for helping me downsize.

      There are more new items listed and I have removed items from the list that have been confirmed sold and reorganized the remainder to make it easier to read through. All items are carefully stored in a non-smoking home in Ontario, Canada. Prices do not include actual mailing costs (there is a book special below that may include postage)

      Please send your actual mailing information if you wish to confirm items so that I can get for you exact postage costs/options. I have photos of all items available if you would like more details. I am able to accept personal cheques as payment or a money order but not PayPal.

      I am downsizing my treasured stash because of continuing health concerns but most definitely not giving up on this craft I love. I am modifying projects and tools to reflect my current abilities.
      If you require further information, please do not hesitate to write to me at iknitnspin@... or at jarthur@...

      NEW ITEMS

      1. Jamieson & Smith - Shetland 2 ply fingering
      Purchased to knit a Stonington Shawl by Elizabeth ZImmermann
      25 gm/130 yd x Shade 127 (medium taupe) x 24
      Paid $156, asking $95

      2. Jamieson & Smith - Shetland 2 ply fingering
      Purchased to knit an Alice Starmore cabled cardigan
      25 gm/130 yd x Shade 31 (a copper colour) x 24
      Paid $156, asking 95

      3. Jenkins Turkish Spindle - Swan (new at Christmas)
      Cherry - 1.26 oz/36 gm - shaft has compression slots
      Asking $45

      4. Vittorio Shawlette - by Corrina Ferguson (pattern & original yarn colourway)
      Includes:
      Dyeabolical "Strong Arm Skinny Sock Yarn" 100 gm/400 yds of 80% superwash merino/20% nylon
      Colourway "FlowerShop Inferno"
      http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/vittorio
      and my printed Vittorio pattern (8 printed pages)
      Asking $24

      5. Wollmeise "Twin"
      Colourway "Digitessa"
      150 gm/510 yards - 80% merino superwash/20% nylon
      Asking $30

      6. Wollmeise "Twin"
      Colourway "Tandoori Masala"
      150 gm/510 yards - 80% merino superwash/20% nylon
      Asking $30

      Work in Progress:
      4. "Metalouse Shawl" by Stephen West - pattern featured in Knitty
      http://www.knitty.com/ISSUEw12/PATTmetalouse.php
      NOTE: this is a WIP - I am simply not enjoying the super softness of the yarns as I knit by feel and they are not as crisp as I'd prefer
      I've knit this shawl to the end of Section 1 (where the CC colour begins) and have knit approx. 2" into Section 2 - write for a photo - gorgeous pattern and yarns but I would prefer Icelandic or Shetland
      Original yarns purchased were costly - this is exactly the colourway Stephen used in the Knitty photos on his garment:
      Noro Shiraito (45% cashmere, 45% angora, 10% wool; 197 yd/50 gm; color 6; 2 skeins (Paid $60)
      Schoppel Wolle Cashmere Queen (35% cashmere, 45% merino wool, 20% silk; 153 yd/140 m per 50 gm skein; color: 7873; 2 skeins (Paid $47)
      Paid $107, asking $75 for the WIP - knitting this on a 4.5 mm

      ********************

      NEEDLES - ** spend $95 or more in the Needles section and receive a $10 discount

      10. Hiya Hiya Sharp Interchangeable Needle Set - 5" Needle Tips, Large sizes - never used - original packaging with peacock blue case
      Selling because I have no need for needles in these sizes, I rarely knit with larger than a 5 mm
      Asking $70

      11. Interchangeable Needle Set - "Denise To Go" - never used
      http://www.knitdenise.com/pages/denise2go/
      Asking $40

      12. Knitter's Pride "Dreamz" Symfonie Sock Needle Set
      Includes:
      a) Complete set of 6" dpns (5 in each set) sizes 2 mm through to 3.5 mm
      b) "Eden Trail" printed cotton dpn case specifically designed for these needles - purchased from the UK
      https://img3.etsystatic.com/007/0/6546404/il_fullxfull.382744863_bi36.jpg
      c) Size 2.25 mm needles (used once) - 4 needles - will be mailed along with the complete sock set above
      Asking $40

      13. Knitter's Pride "Dreamz" Symfonie Interchangeable Needle CaseNeedle Tips/Cords Bundle
      Includes:
      a) Knitter's Pride "Eden Trail" fabric storage case for interchangeables (write for a photo)
      http://www.knitterspride.com/Materialwise-size-Details.asp?id=44 (this shows red vs. the deep pink in the print and the green looks olive whereas the actual print is a more spring green)
      b) 6.5 mm tips
      c) 5 mm tips
      d) 4.5 mm special length short tips (can be used with 16" cords)
      e) 4 mm tips
      f) 3.75 mm tips
      g) 3.5 mm tips
      h) 1 set of extenders
      i) Knitter's Pride Soft Grip Crochet Hook (purchased for beading yarn to knit) .5 mm
      j) 24" cable
      k) 32" cable
      Paid $85, asking $55

      ********************

      PROJECT BAGS - all new, never used - take both bags for $28
      (please write for photos)

      20. Tangerine Designs Project Bag - fabric is black background with "Squeal Like a Pig" - drawstring bag - new
      https://img3.etsystatic.com/006/0/6369410/il_fullxfull.371329915_n1gd.jpg
      Approx. 10 1/2" x 10" when laying flat with a 5" square bottom with cord lock and side clip
      Asking $18

      21. Erin Lane Bags - Small Self Locking Sock Drawstring Bag - print is a red and pink print - never used
      https://img0.etsystatic.com/000/0/5693060/il_fullxfull.342999196.jpg
      Self Locking Clip, Flat square bottom
      5" square on the bottom, 7" - machine washable
      Asking $18

      ********************

      SPINNING FIBER - take all three groupings and I will reduce the overall price of fiber by $10
      Ashland Bay - Multi-coloured Colonial Wool Top - Corriedale

      a) Northern Lites - 1 lb
      Paid $48, asking $30

      b) Goldenrod - 1 lb, 13 oz
      Paid $85, asking $58

      c) Mahogany - 1 lb
      Paid $48, asking $30

      ********************

      YARN

      25. Dragonfly Fibers "Traveller" (hand-dyed sport weight) - 2 skeins
      I am including 2 purchased patterns "Bowline" hat (2 skeins) and "Kyma" socks (requires 1 skein per pair)
      (featured in Knitty with Bowline hat)
      http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/travelling-kyma
      http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/bowline
      100% superwash merino
      280 yards/4 oz x 2
      Colourway is "Fighting Irish" (peacock, moss, teal, green, copper)
      REDUCED to $25

      26. James C Brett "Twinkle Fashion DK" - purchased grouping to knit Christmas Ornaments from Arne & Carlos book & The Knitter
      Grouping includes 4 balls of yarn - 2 x white TK 2, 1 x red TK 3 and 1 x dk green TK 6
      http://www.jamescbrett.co.uk/yarns_twinkle_dk.php
      REDUCED to $12

      27. Freia Fine Handpaints - Sport Handpaint semi-solid
      Purchased to coordinate with leftovers from the hat project below and create mittens/gloves
      Freia Sport - 2 x Semi Solid "Swamp" which is a light mossy green
      http://www.freiafibers.com/store_solids.htm
      50 gm/133 m x 2
      REDUCED to $14

      28. Freia Ombre Sport -
      Includes one skein of Ombre "Grapevine" and one skein of "Cloud"
      http://www.freiafibers.com/store_ombre_sport_2.htm
      http://www.freiafibers.com/store_ombre_sport.htm
      75 gm/200 m x 2 (one each of Grapevine and Cloud)
      NOTE: Grapevine and Cloud were purchased to knit Stephen West's new hat "Aurora Expanse"
      http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/aurora-expanse
      and I purchased the coordinating "Swamp" to create mittens and another hat using leftovers
      REDUCED to $38 (for the 2 Ombre skeins)
      ** if purchasing Ombre Sport - take the co-ordinating swamp semi solids for $8 and I'll include the hat pattern

      29. the Sanguine Gryphon - Skinny Bugga! - no longer available
      Handpainted sock yarn - 80% superwashmerino, 10% cashmere, 10% nylon
      4 oz - 450 yards, fingering weight
      Bundle includes:
      a) Cowkiller - Brown/Merlot/Aubergine, a plum tone to this
      b) Sangria Heart Butterfly - as above but a lighter version and more of a deep copper tone to this
      c) Juniper Hairstreak - a rich olive
      All three were purchased together to create a Color Affection
      REDUCED to $65 for the trio

      30. Hunter Hammersen Collection - Silk Road Socks (OOP Mint/Rare) and The Knitter's Curiosity Cabinet - OOP Mint Condition, never read
      REDUCED to $75 (I won't split the collection)
      NOTE - these books do not qualify for the free-postage offer in the Books/Magazines section

      31. Berroco Blackstone Tweed
      Colour #2602, 50 gm/130 yards (taupe/brown tones)
      65 wool/25 superkid mohair/10 rabbit hair
      FREE with purchase of $40 or more from this list

      ********************

      BOOKS/Magazines - NOTE: I will pay uninsured mailing costs if purchasing $95 or more from the Books/Magazines Section below

      a) Knitter's Book of Wool, hc with dj - Clara Parkes
      Retail $37, asking $10

      b) Knitter's Book of Socks, hc with dj - Clara Parkes
      Retail $34, asking $10

      c) Harvesting Color - How to Find Plants & Make Natural Dyes, Rebecca Burgess, sc - $12

      d) Vogue Knitting "Knitopedia", hc with dj - A to Z for Knitters - $15

      e) Vintage FiberArts Magazine - Jan/Feb 1979, very good condition - How to Buy a Floor Loom, Equipment Directory etc.
      Asking $8

      f) Shuttle Spindle & Dyepot - Summer and Fall 1979 - Issues 39 & 40, very good condition but have writing on the top corners to indicate important content
      Drafting Part 1 & 2, Microwave Dyeing, Paper Making and so much more
      Asking $15 for the duo

      g) Two Old Bags - Patterns for Hand Knitters "The Lucy Bag" - $4

      h) The Knitter - Special "Lace Collection" issue - $18 OOP (new)

      i) Yarnwise - Sept 2012 - Issue 52 - Includes "Fancy Footwork, colourwork socks, Fleece to Fiber in the UK, Colinette behind the scenes & so much more - $5

      j) Crashing Waves by Grace Akhrem - Paid $6.50, asking $3

      k) Chick Knits - Cassidy's Cap -Paid $6, asking $3

      m) The Natural Knitter, hc with dj
      "How to Choose, Use & Knit Natural Fibers"
      Asking $15 OOP

      n) Fiber Gathering, hc with dj
      "Knit, Crochet, Spin, Dye & More"
      Asking $8