Another Torontonian Joins the List

  • Cheryl Mason
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 28, 2001
      Hello.

      Just joined this group about two weeks ago but didn't notice any traffic until recently.  I'm amazed at the number of knitters on the Internet.  This pattern swapping idea is wonderful.  I, like so many others, have a huge stash of yarn just itching to be used.  Now that I'm not working full-time (I decided to spend more time with my girls- ages 2 and 5), money is tighter than it ever was so I am now looking at my stash yarn in a whole new light.

      I haven't been knitting regularly (I've grown tired of the existing patterns I have at home) and have found that the pattern exchange has inspired me to pick up the needles again.  I can't believe I learned to knit over 30 years ago.  Where does the time go...

      Happy knitting everyone.

      Cheryl.
      (blue sky this morning--pouring rain this afternoon -- that's Fall, I guess!)
    • Jean Jenner
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2001
        What kind of patterns are you looking for? I have a stash of yarn too.
        I've been making sweaters, booties, hats and afghans for Christmas for
        our Grand kids and Great Grandkids. they all live in St. Louis, Mo. We
        have gone up there twice lately and I've taken the gifts wrapped. Sure
        saves postage. Plus I get my hugs and a visit.
        It is fun to visit with other knitters.
        I would love to share patterns with you. I've been knitting since
        age 7.
        Love, Jean