[knitpatternexchange] Hi! I'm new at this.....help me!

  • Kathy Gallagher
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 13, 2000
      Hi, I'm a new knitter. Just got started this year when I got mad at
      the retail
      stores and the catologs not having anything I wanted, or worse when I
      found THE
      thing I wanted it was at a crazy price. I am experimenting with
      patterns and hope to post several soon. I am looking for a couple of
      people to help me out as I am a beginner. Please email me with
      ideas... Kathleengallagher@...
    • Lavendar
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 15, 2000
        Hi,

        I'm building up my pattern collection, as I don't have many right now! any
        patterns would be apprecieted!

        And, welcome, btw!

        Caitlyn
      • KFroggylady@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 16, 2000
          Caitlyn,
          what kind of patterns are you wanting? Knit only or other crafts as well? I
          have everything from cross stitch, plastic canvas, needlepoint, crochet,
          quilting etc.
          As far as knitting patterns go......do you want baby stuff or afghans, or
          sweaters, mittens, scarfs etc. Let me know and I will gladly send them to
          you. Remember most of my patterns are copyrighted pattern books. I haven't
          gotten enough original patterns wrote up to send to anyone. Still I am always
          glad to help. I have more patterns than I could make in a life time so if I
          can share them with someone else I would be glad to, instead of collecting
          dust I would like to see someone use them.
          Kim
        • Vivian Searcy
          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 16, 2000
            Hi Kathy:
            welcome to the knitting world. I have been knitting for many years, but I
            had not knitted anything for a long time, bcause I was teaching school. I
            now am retired from that and an presently knitting scarves and hats for a
            family of 7 children, for next Christmas. I have completed 4 sets so far,
            the larger of the children, so as I go down in size the scarves and hats
            will be smaller. I have received a true blessing to know I will be keeping
            someone warm next winter.
            Let me hear from you, and how I can help. I have many simple patterns.
            Really scarves are very easy to make, with the pattern I am using. And they
            turn out beautiful.
            Hope to hear from you.
            Kind Regards, Vivian
            vmsteach@...