Knitted Toys

  • Lindsey Harley
    Message 1 of 12 , Jan 15, 2001
      Hiya!
      My mother (who is not Internet-capable) has sent me on a quest
      through the Web. She likes to knit the more complicated toy patterns
      and is looking for new projects. She has done all the Jean Greenhowe
      patterns. Her favourite pattern book is 'Fantasy Knits' by Sirdar,
      which is patterns for witches, mermaids and flower fairies etc, with
      lots of little accessories. We have heard a rumour that there is a
      sequel to this book but we have not been able to find it.

      I'd be terribly grateful if anyone knows where if this sequel
      actually exists or where I might find a similar style of pattern. I'm
      based in the UK but could order over the Internet from the States, if
      absolutely necessary. I'm wary of ordering from the States because
      the last time I ended up paying nearly as much in Customs duty as I
      did for the goods.

      Look forward to hearing from someone. My mum is in withdrawal, she
      needs new patterns.
    • Judith Tucker
      Message 2 of 12 , Jan 27, 2001
        http://fibershop.com/about.html said she would order it if I needed it.  She
        sells the yarn and seems to have reasonable prices.

        http://www.yarnstash.com/ is the site of the ebay vendor's site where you can also purchase it from.

        Hope this helps, do let me know how you get on.
        Judith.