Re: [knitpatternexchange] hoodie

  • brenda
    Message 1 of 10 , Oct 24, 2006
      Maybe this will work for you

      some yarn substitutions

      Bren
      bonney315 <mstrong@...> wrote:
      I am looking for a knitted hoodie pattern for a child, about 3 yrs
      old. I have looked everywhere. I prefer one that uses worseted weight
      yarn. Bonney

      Huggs
      Bren

      Do you Yahoo!?

    • brenda
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 24, 2006
        Sorry I hit send too fast...

        here is another

        ok think that is all the hoodie patterns for knit I have

      • lcove2000@cox.net
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 24, 2006
          Did you check Lion Brand? They had them in all sizes, I am using that pattern for my son's hoodie. Lisa

        • bmoseler@aol.com
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 24, 2006
            Have you checked out the "Knitting Pure and Simple" patterns?  They have a lot of top down sweaters in all weights of yarn.  Good luck!
          • Shannon Minson
            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 24, 2006
              I'm not sure what a hoodie is but, if it's just a hooded sweater, there is a
              free pattern at lionbrand.com that I've tried and was satisfied with. It
              isn't made with worsted weight yarn, though. It uses bulky weight yarn.
              The pattern is for all sizes (from a child's 24 months to an adult's 3X).
              It is called Hooded Knitted Sweater and it uses Lion Brand Homespun yarn. I
              made it in the Child 12-14 for my daughter. The only problem I found was
              that in the process of knitting, the fibers sometimes got in my eyes. Once
              it was washed, however, that problem ceased to exist and it turned out
              unbelievably soft. I don't know the rules on copyright infringement so,
              rather than send the entire pattern, I will just tell you how to find it for
              yourself.

              If you go to lionbrand.com and type "khs-hoodedSweater" into the search bar,
              it will take you straight to the pattern. I wish I had one using the yarn
              you wanted. Look around on the Lion Brand website. They have tons. I
              don't know of any in particular as my daughter is now too big for the
              children's patterns but I know they have a lot. Good luck!

              >I am looking for a knitted hoodie pattern for a child, about 3 yrs
              > old. I have looked everywhere. I prefer one that uses worseted weight
              > yarn. Bonney
              >

              > Yahoo! Groups Links

            • Danielle
              Message 6 of 10 , Oct 27, 2006
                www.lionbrand.com has a free pattern that is really cute. Her's the
                link.

                http://cache.lionbrand.com/patterns/kkc-hoodedSweater.html?noImages=0

                You might have to register, but that is also free. there are several
                other hoodies, too, but I think this one is the cutest
                Dani

                --- In knitpatternexchange@yahoogroups.com, "bonney315" <mstrong@...>
                wrote:

                > I am looking for a knitted hoodie pattern for a child, about 3 yrs
                > old. I have looked everywhere. I prefer one that uses worseted weight
                > yarn. Bonney

              • char yarnell
                Message 7 of 10 , Nov 6, 2006
                  Have you found a pattern yet. I have one that is a button up hoodie. It is a MODA-DEA pattern. I must of picked it up at one of the stores. It is one of those tear off free ones. I looked on line on there website and this one is not on it. Must be it was from a few months ago. I will either email it to you if it will show up or mail it to you. Let me know. It is for sizes 1-4 yrs. Hope this helps if not interested in this one I will continue to look thru all of my patterns.
                  Char

                  bonney315 <mstrong@...> wrote:
                  I am looking for a knitted hoodie pattern for a child, about 3 yrs
                  old. I have looked everywhere. I prefer one that uses worseted weight
                  yarn. Bonney

                  Sponsored Link

                  Get an Online or Campus degree - Associate's, Bachelor's, or Master's - in less than one year.

                • Bonney
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 21, 2007
                    Hi,

                    I am so sorry that I didn't answer your email. It was nice of you to respond.  Things have been crazy around here the last few months.  I did start a Lion Brand pattern but I don't like it very much.  I'm looking for one that uses regular worsted weight yarn since I already bought it.  She is a chubby little 3 yr old  and is now wearing a 5-6!  Anything you have would be appreciated.  Again, I am sorry I didn't answer you sooner. I was deleting old email and came across  your.  I don't remember answering it.

                    Bonney

                    bonney315 <mstrong@pressenter. com> wrote:
                    I am looking for a knitted hoodie pattern for a child, about 3 yrs
                    old. I have looked everywhere. I prefer one that uses worseted weight
                    yarn. Bonney

                    Sponsored Link

                    Get an Online or Campus degree - Associate's, Bachelor's, or Master's - in less than one year.

                    Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.
                    Checked by AVG Free Edition.
                  • char yarnell
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jan 24, 2007
                      I was looking at my patterns and not sure if the one will fit. It says that it goes to a 4yr old chest of 24.  If you crochet as well I have one that is real cute and bigger. Oh I just looked and it says that this one only goes to sz 24 chest as well. I have a couple pullover hoodies if your interested. Please let me know.