Interactive Yarn Shops Maps and Knitting Club Maps

  • cijedc
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 1 9:57 AM
      Hi,
      I posted about six months ago to announce a new initiative by
      Mapmuse.com- the interactive mapping of Yarn shops across the US. We
      initially researched and populated these maps ourselves, with the
      intent that the knitting and crochet community would subsequently
      add to, and enhance, the information we provided. We mapped each
      shop, and provided space for a written description, photo, and link
      to a website. A few months later, at the suggestion of a visitor to
      our website, we added knitting and crochet clubs to our interactive
      mapping services. Since this project was launched, knitters and
      crocheters have made over 1,000 additions and enhancements to our
      maps. If you were one of these contributers, we'd like to thank you
      for your help-we now have perhaps the most comprehensive database of
      yarn shops across the US!

      As before, all of our listings, and enhancements are free.

      I'm writing today to ask that if you know of any yarn shops or
      knitting or crochet clubs in your local community that are new or
      have closed in the last six months, you make those changes to the
      maps. Also, please feel free to add any favorite shops or clubs that
      are still missing. You can make changes through easy to use links on
      the site (if you have any problems, see
      http://find.mapmuse.com/re1/mmFAQ.htm#A4 ).

      The link to the Yarn Shops Map is as follows:
      http://find.mapmuse.com/re1/interest.php?brandID=KNITTING_SHOPS

      The link to the Knitting and Crochet Clubs Map is below:
      http://find.mapmuse.com/re1/interest.php?brandID=KNITTING_CLUBS&

      We are considering adding additional content to the knitting/crochet
      pages. Some of the ideas we have are listed below. We welcome
      feedback, and will use it to determine a direction for our
      knitting/crochet pages. If you would like to vote for an idea, or
      have another suggestion, just reply to this email.

      1)A knitting and crochet blog page which will provide sample blogs
      from different bloggers and then links to their sites. This, of
      course, would be done with the cooperation and consent of the
      bloggers.

      2)A knitting and crochet discussion forum, similar to a Yahoo group

      3)A Contributer's Page. There will be profiles of contributers,
      including their areas of interest and expertise. There will be a way
      to contact contributers to ask questions, make comments, and solicit
      advice.

      Lastly, if you have a knitting or crochet related blog or website, a
      link or a mention would be greatly appreciated. It is through links,
      and improving search results that we are able to provide this
      service to consumers and businesses free of charge.

      Thanks,

      Cindy Jett
      Mapmuse.com