Re: cell phone case pattern

  • surfinsandy23
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 31 8:19 AM
      There is a really cute one on Bernat's web site. you gotta be a member
      to download their free patterns, but membership is free.
      www.bernat.com look in Knit/ Accessories, you may have to thumb
      through the 'pages' to find it. It calls for Lana yarn, but I used
      vintage wool I had laying around, and also used wool I unraveled from
      a sweater (worsted weight). I made 6 and love making them. I did find
      an error in the pattern, but figured out the fix for it. In the
      decrease rounds (there are two) where it says knit 15 for the first
      dec rnd, knit 13 instead. Then on the next dec rnd where it says knit
      13, just knit 11.
      This would be excellent for making up gifts and would be fun to
      personalize each one. You can do two or multi color striping or fair
      isle designs in it, you could add duplicate stitch designs on it if
      you like (do these before felting). On one, I added fun fur for 4 rnds
      near the top (the pattern is worked top->down) in a matching color,
      and it's really cute. I thought about adding an initial. After it's
      felted it could have embroidered embellishments added as well. You
      also can have fun choosing the buttons to add to each of these, dig
      into your button jar!
      The bottom is finished with kitchener (grafting) and was a great way
      for me to hone that skill. After 3 cases I didn't need to look at the
      directions anymore, if you goof a little, it's getting felted anyway!
      These work up really fast, especially after you make a few. I was
      making one in about 2 hrs. I knitted up several, then felted them at
      the same time.
      I really like the design of this pouch since I can easily attach it to
      any purse I'm carrying at the time.
      You gotta try it!
      SurfinSandy

      --- In knitpatternexchange@yahoogroups.com, "Patty A." <pattya@p...>