RE: [knitpatternexchange] Re: wedding ring shawl

  • Linda
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 28, 2004
      Michelle,

      I live in Markham, Ontario. The store that I saw the shawl in was the
      Knitter's Bazaar in Barrie. Why don't you check Wool Tyme in Ottawa. I
      just love the Wool Tyme in Kingston. They are the most amazing wool store.
      It was my understanding that the Ottawa branch was even better. The 2-ply
      wool was from Sirdar. They might be able to get you a pattern through their
      distributors as well as the 2-ply pure wool which I think would be better.
      I think the 2-ply Sirdar may not be pure wool. I do know that they get
      patterns through from the UK all the time. I know our customs can be a
      beggar at best. That site had the loveliest patterns that I have ever seen
      for that item.

      Love and Hugs,
      Linda

      Michelle wrote:

      Hi Linda

      Thanks for the link and information. I just love the patterns, but
      am a little afraid of ordering something like this from the UK. The
      customs here in Canada can be a real pain sometimes. I do have a
      friend going to Scotland soon and I will have her look there for a
      kit.

      Do you remember which store you saw the shawl in?? Maybe I could
      call them or email them and see if they have a pattern or situable
      yarn.

      Thanks again
      Michelle
      Ottawa, Ontario
    • Michelle Morgan
      Message 2 of 6 , May 5 10:02 AM
        Hi Linda

        I have been to yarnforward but haven't tried wool-tyme yet.  I did find a great online store in Toronto  http://www.fourseasonsknitting.com/asp/default.asp.  I will probably be ordering thru them within the next week, if I don't find anything at wool-tyme.

        Thanks for all your help.  My daughter is getting married later this year, and I thought it would be nice to knit something for the wedding.
        Thanks again
        Michelle
        Ottawa

        Message 3 of 6 , May 6 3:06 AM
          If Diana McDonald is still on the list, will she please contact me again,
          offlist? I seem to have an out of date email address!

          Blessings,

          Donna