Re: [knitpatternexchange] Hello all, I*m new

  • Margarita Nuding
    Message 1 of 11 , Aug 25, 2003
      Hello P�ivi:

      Welcome. It is very interesting to have somebody from
      so far away in the group. I myself was born in
      Germany, but I live in Mexico City.

      Regards,

      Maggie

      http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
    • Curlyshirley9@aol.com
      Message 2 of 11 , Aug 25, 2003
        could you tell us where the yarn stores are in finland  shirley
      • Gregg Cruse
        Message 3 of 11 , Aug 25, 2003
          This group doesn't just have women. There is a very straight male here who is diabled and loves to knit and crochet. That person happens to be me.

          P�ivi_kanerva <paivikanerva@...> wrote:
          Hi all,

          thought i'd take a minute and introduce myself to you!

          My name is P�ivi, I'm 25 years working mom of a 6 years old girl and
          a stepmom of a 10 years old boy. I work as an environmental advisor
          for the city I live in. I live in Finland, it's a country between
          Russia and Sweden, and a part of Scandinavia and northern Europe.

          I knit a lot, really a lot.. sometimes there are longer breaks but
          then i jsut get so excited that i just knit, knit and knit!! Now i'm
          making a sweater for my daughter.. I made the back yesterday and
          thought i'd make the front today.. and sleeves tomorrow..:) if i
          have time.. it's just simple white sweater with a huge red heart in
          front!

          okies, that's about all about me, i hope to get to know you girls
          real soon!!

          hug's P�ivi

          Do you Yahoo!?
        • Gregg Cruse

            Message 5 of 11 , Aug 25, 2003
              Päivi

              Welcome to our group!  I am making a sweater called Winsor Tyrolean.  Have no idea where it came from but easy to do.
              mary j from Texas

              Letter by ~~DarKilp~~

            • Hines, Sharon
              Message 6 of 11 , Aug 26, 2003
                Hi Paivi,

                Wow, you do knit alot.  You made the back on one day!  I knit on my lunch break (45 minutes) every day and get a few inches done each day.  Currently, I am knitting a sweater for my 3 1/2  year old grandson.  It is a pullover in navy blue, burgundy and off white.  Some stripes and stars on the front.  I mostly knit for him.  Have been knitting since I was 16 - and now I am 56 - so for quite awhile. When I was in my early twenties I didn't knit too much then.  Too busy dating (LOL)!!!  Well take care and happy knitting.

                Sharon

                thought i'd take a minute and introduce myself to you!

                My name is Päivi, I'm 25 years working mom of a 6 years old girl and
                a stepmom of a 10 years old boy. I work as an environmental advisor
                for the city I live in. I live in Finland, it's a country between
                Russia and Sweden, and a part of Scandinavia and northern Europe.

                I knit a lot, really a lot.. sometimes there are longer breaks but
                then i jsut get so excited that i just knit, knit and knit!! Now i'm
                making a sweater for my daughter.. I made the back yesterday and
                thought i'd make the front today.. and sleeves tomorrow..:) if i
                have time.. it's just simple white sweater with a huge red heart in
                front!

                okies, that's about all about me, i hope to get to know you girls
                real soon!!

                hug's Päivi

              • jane rayner
                Message 7 of 11 , Aug 26, 2003

                  Welcome Paivi to the group. My name is Jane and I live in Nova Scotia, Canada. Great to here about you and hope to talk to you soon. A nice sunny day here and plenty of laundry to get done so bye for now......................... ljrayner@...

                • d21044
                  Message 8 of 11 , Sep 4, 2003
                    Oh Gregg is that YOU? HAHA HA I BE LONG and you did not mention me :(

                    D.McDonald ~ Maryland, USA
                    The only place for knitting's gender is in the fitting room! ©
                    Message 9 of 11 , Sep 4, 2003
                      Shirley, are we going to hop a jet and go shopping there in Finland... dreaming big dreams always!! LOL

                      Love, AlexSandy
                    • wiener
                      Message 10 of 11 , Sep 4, 2003
                        Dear Shirley,

                        I'm not sure that your question was directed at me specifically, but having recently returned from a cruise that stopped in Helsinki, I can give you the name of a yarn store that I visited.

                        Sypressi
                        Salme Puosi
                        Unionink 27
                        00170 Helsinki
                        Telephone:  625 645

                        The woman in this shop was extremely helpful.  I found some wonderful sock yarn here at really good prices.  She also had all sorts of other yarns and lots of Finnish wool.  Hope this helps.

                        Diana
                        could you tell us where the yarn stores are in finland  shirley