Re: [knitpatternexchange] "scrubbies"

  • sandy glover
    Message 1 of 22 , Apr 29, 2003
      wall mart, or use an old onion bag.
      Sandy

      -------Original Message-------

      Date: Tuesday, April 29, 2003 13:43:59
      Subject: Re: [knitpatternexchange] "scrubbies"

      where can we buy the net fabric for scrubbies?
      i don't have any local source..and was hoping for some ideas

      At 03:17 PM 28/04/2003 -0500, you wrote:
      I finally found my patterns.
      With hook size J or 10
      Cut netting into 2 1/2 inch wide strips. Tie strips end to end.
      Scrubber:  Using a single strip of net, Ch6, and join with slip stitch to
      1st stitch to form ring.
      1st round: *Ch1, sc in next st (top loop). Repeat from * arond ring,
      (12sts).
      2nd and 3rd Rounds: Same as 1st round making 24 and 48 sts respectively.
      4th Round: Sc in every stitch around ring (48sts).
      5th Round to competion of scrubber:  Sc in 2nd st from hook.  Continue
      around ring skipping every other st until 6 sts remain.  Finish off by
      pulling loose end of stop through its loop.  With round end of hook, tuck as
      much of remaining strip into the hole as desired while shaping scrubber, or
      may insert soap pieces for soap pad.

      If you don't like this one E-Mail me back.  I have a different one.  Nate

      >From: Kbabynurse@...
      >To: knitpatternexchange@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: [knitpatternexchange] "scrubbies"
      >Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 13:44:17 EDT
      >
      >Does any one know how to make "scrubbies"? They are used in th kitchen for
      >pots and pans. They are crocheted of some fabric that is heavy duty.

      Get A Free Psychic Reading!
      http://us.click.yahoo.com/cjB9SD/od7FAA/AG3JAA/PTTolB/TM

    • Kbabynurse@aol.com
      Message 2 of 22 , Apr 29, 2003
        I think Walmart carries it. I haven't gone to look yet.
      • Nathan Lamirand
        Message 3 of 22 , Apr 29, 2003
          You can get the netting at any fabric store. I hope anyways. Nate

          >From: mouse1701 <mouse1701@...>
          >To: knitpatternexchange@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: Re: [knitpatternexchange] "scrubbies"
          >Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 11:15:23 -0400
          >
          >where can we buy the net fabric for scrubbies?
          >i don't have any local source..and was hoping for some ideas
          >
          >At 03:17 PM 28/04/2003 -0500, you wrote:
          >>I finally found my patterns.
          >>With hook size J or 10
          >>Cut netting into 2 1/2 inch wide strips. Tie strips end to end.
          >>Scrubber: Using a single strip of net, Ch6, and join with slip stitch to
          >>1st stitch to form ring.
          >>1st round: *Ch1, sc in next st (top loop). Repeat from * arond ring,
          >>(12sts).
          >>2nd and 3rd Rounds: Same as 1st round making 24 and 48 sts respectively.
          >>4th Round: Sc in every stitch around ring (48sts).
          >>5th Round to competion of scrubber: Sc in 2nd st from hook. Continue
          >>around ring skipping every other st until 6 sts remain. Finish off by
          >>pulling loose end of stop through its loop. With round end of hook, tuck
          >>as
          >>much of remaining strip into the hole as desired while shaping scrubber,
          >>or
          >>may insert soap pieces for soap pad.
          >>
          >>If you don't like this one E-Mail me back. I have a different one. Nate
          >>

          >> >From: Kbabynurse@...
          >> >To: knitpatternexchange@yahoogroups.com
          >> >Subject: [knitpatternexchange] "scrubbies"
          >> >Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 13:44:17 EDT
          >> >
          >> >Does any one know how to make "scrubbies"? They are used in th kitchen
          >>for
          >> >pots and pans. They are crocheted of some fabric that is heavy duty.

          >>Tired of spam? Get advanced junk mail protection with MSN 8.
          >>http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail

        • Betty
          Message 4 of 22 , Apr 29, 2003
            You should be able to buy netting in most stores that have fabric.
            Haven't checked Wal-Mart but maybe there. Also a place like Joanne's.
            I have also seen some of the pot scrubbers made with the yarn used
            for plastic canvas. Good luck to you.

            --- In knitpatternexchange@yahoogroups.com, mouse1701 <mouse1701@s...>
            wrote:
            > where can we buy the net fabric for scrubbies?
            > i don't have any local source..and was hoping for some ideas
            >
            > At 03:17 PM 28/04/2003 -0500, you wrote:
            > >I finally found my patterns.
            > >With hook size J or 10
            > >Cut netting into 2 1/2 inch wide strips. Tie strips end to end.
            > >Scrubber: Using a single strip of net, Ch6, and join with slip
            stitch to
            > >1st stitch to form ring.
            > >1st round: *Ch1, sc in next st (top loop). Repeat from * arond ring,
            > >(12sts).
            > >2nd and 3rd Rounds: Same as 1st round making 24 and 48 sts
            respectively.
            > >4th Round: Sc in every stitch around ring (48sts).
            > >5th Round to competion of scrubber: Sc in 2nd st from hook. Continue
            > >around ring skipping every other st until 6 sts remain. Finish off by
            > >pulling loose end of stop through its loop. With round end of
            hook, tuck as
            > >much of remaining strip into the hole as desired while shaping
            scrubber, or
            > >may insert soap pieces for soap pad.
            > >
            > >If you don't like this one E-Mail me back. I have a different one.
            Nate

            > > >From: Kbabynurse@a...
            > > >To: knitpatternexchange@yahoogroups.com
            > > >Subject: [knitpatternexchange] "scrubbies"
            > > >Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 13:44:17 EDT
            > > >
            > > >Does any one know how to make "scrubbies"? They are used in th
            kitchen for
            > > >pots and pans. They are crocheted of some fabric that is heavy duty.

            > >Tired of spam? Get advanced junk mail protection with MSN 8.
            > >http://join.msn.com/?page=features/junkmail
            > >

            > >Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
          • ann perkins
            Message 5 of 22 , Apr 30, 2003
              Do you have a knitted pattern? If so, reply to tyash@....
              Thanks.

              Ann

              ----------

            • JPM166@aol.com
              Message 6 of 22 , May 1, 2003
                I think you could also use Phentex for the scrubbies.  I have seen it at AC Moore.
              • mouse1701
                Message 7 of 22 , May 1, 2003
                  At 11:00 PM 29/04/2003 +0000, you wrote:
                  You should be able to buy netting in most stores that have fabric.
                  Haven't checked Wal-Mart but maybe there.  Also a place like Joanne's.
                   I have also seen some of the pot scrubbers made with the yarn used
                  for plastic canvas.  Good luck to you.

                  in kingston, ontario, our wal-mart is a converted woolco..so not much choice of fabric net here :(  they don't even carry a lot of the stuff the american wal-mart carries (darn)
                  we don't have a joannes..(sure wish we did) and the Michael's we have does not even know of what i speak..so i gave up on them..
                  i like the idea of PC yarn tho..i can get my hands on some of that,  thanks :)

                • mouse1701
                  Message 8 of 22 , May 1, 2003
                    At 02:11 PM 29/04/2003 -0400, you wrote:
                    wall mart, or use an old onion bag.
                    Sandy
                     our wal-mart (canadian) won't carry it :(
                    and i don't use onions for anything..so i guess i better scrounge some from
                    co workers ;)

                  • Judith Prindle
                    Message 9 of 22 , May 1, 2003
                      You can also take apart those shower scrubbies, there is a lot of net in them!
                      Judith

                      wall mart, or use an old onion bag.

                      "

                      Message 10 of 22 , May 1, 2003
                        You say you have more patterns?
                        Judith
                        "

                        Message 11 of 22 , May 2, 2003
                          Ya'll I have alot of different patterns. My mother decided to get rid of
                          all her old patterns. I also found some knitted scrubbie patterns if your
                          interested. E-mail me back with any requests. Just give me a little bit of
                          time to find them. I have them boxed up to move. I save the E-Mails until
                          I find the patterns. Nate

                          >From: "Judith Prindle" <japrindle@...>
                          >To: <knitpatternexchange@yahoogroups.com>
                          >Subject: Re: [knitpatternexchange] "scrubbies"
                          >Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 13:49:48 -0400
                          >
                          >You say you have more patterns?
                          >Judith
                          > "
                          >

                          > You can get the netting at any fabric store. I hope anyways. Nate

                        • Valérie
                          Message 12 of 22 , May 5, 2003
                            Hello I'm Valérie and I'm French : Excuse my English;o)
                            I'm looking for patterns to make Lopi pullovers...you know, circular
                            knitting??
                            You will find a lot of these sweaters on this link:
                            http://the-iceland-store.com/lopisweaters.htm
                            if you have some explanations to make these sweaters, thank you for
                            help:o)

                            Valérie

                          • Knit4EverAfter@aol.com
                            Message 13 of 22 , May 5, 2003
                              When you're ready with those patterns, Nate, let us know.  You can "loan" them to us... you're a sweety!

                              Hugs this morning,

                              Harold Knitting in the U.K.
                              AlexSandy
                            • Lucinda Dubben
                              Message 14 of 22 , May 5, 2003
                                wrote:
                                > Ya'll I have alot of different patterns. My mother
                                > decided to get rid of
                                > all her old patterns. I also found some knitted
                                > scrubbie patterns if your
                                > interested. E-mail me back with any requests. Just
                                > give me a little bit of
                                > time to find them. I have them boxed up to move. I
                                > save the E-Mails until
                                > I find the patterns. Nate
                                >

                                > I would love them too.
                                ldubben@...

                                Thanks

                                http://search.yahoo.com
                              • Kbabynurse@aol.com
                                Message 15 of 22 , May 6, 2003
                                  love any patterns!
                                • Freeman's Place
                                  Message 16 of 22 , May 6, 2003

                                                     Cattitude

                                    Dear Nate:
                                    I love you---- Please send scrubbie patterns.  I will be your bestest friend.
                                    Mary J in Texas

                                  • Judith Prindle
                                    Message 17 of 22 , May 6, 2003
                                      wrote:
                                      Ya'll I have alot of different patterns.  My mother
                                      decided to get rid of  all her old patterns.  I also found some knitted
                                      scrubbie patterns if your  interested.  E-mail me back with any requests.  Just
                                      give me a little bit of time to find them.  I have them boxed up to move.  I
                                      save the E-Mails until I find the patterns.
                                      Nate
                                      You can send them to me!

                                    • D. Gallinger
                                      Message 18 of 22 , May 8, 2003
                                        Hi/  I love your kitten/  I only have 5 of my own plus a dog.  My daughter thought I needed her.   PLEASE send your pattern for the scrubbies.   Thank you  P. S.  HOPE I'm doing this correct--I can knit bbetter than I can use this computer/