Re: Is the Universe still evolving?

  • Alex
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 13, 2008
      Still expanding and growing, most likely. I don't know what the number
      is, if it's in the thousands, tens of thousands, millions, or beyond
      human comprehension, but whatever it is, I'm sure it's getting bigger.
      Not sure at what rate though. As for the last question, my first
      reaction was that it grows and expands on its own, but now I'm not so
      sure. I probably lack the knowledge to make an accurate or even educated
      guess. I think the Light makes most of them, but that it's possible for
      other beings, like the Sovereigns, to make worlds too. And I'm leaning
      toward the idea that new worlds can form on their own as well.

      Hell, if planets, stars, galaxies, and black holes can form on their
      own, then a world or dimension is nothing. :P
    • Chani
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 13, 2008
        Personally I don't think the universe randomly grows on its own, at least
        not at a very fast rate. While life on the already existing worlds may
        expand and/or change, I don't see the universe expanding without some sort
        of push. Perhaps every thousand years or so a star explodes, forming a new
        world, but the universe as a whole would be too stable for that to happen
        more often than once a millennium or so.

        As for other possibilities for universe growth, I agree with Alex that
        Sovereigns, among other species, may have the ability to make new worlds (or
        drastically change the ones that exist by wiping the slate clean and
        beginning again), I don't know if they really have a reason or drive to do
        so given how many problems plague the world already.