Is the Universe still evolving?

  • J
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 13, 2008
      Heavy question, huh? Well, what I mean by that is this: the universe--
      Creation, as the AetherVerse story calls it, consists of
      hundreds...maybe thousands of separate dimensions. Or is the number
      too high to count? Is it still growing? And also, if this is the
      case, HOW is it growing? Is Creation self-sustaining, or is the Light
      involved somehow?
      Thoughts!

      J.
    • Alex
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 13, 2008
        Still expanding and growing, most likely. I don't know what the number
        is, if it's in the thousands, tens of thousands, millions, or beyond
        human comprehension, but whatever it is, I'm sure it's getting bigger.
        Not sure at what rate though. As for the last question, my first
        reaction was that it grows and expands on its own, but now I'm not so
        sure. I probably lack the knowledge to make an accurate or even educated
        guess. I think the Light makes most of them, but that it's possible for
        other beings, like the Sovereigns, to make worlds too. And I'm leaning
        toward the idea that new worlds can form on their own as well.

        Hell, if planets, stars, galaxies, and black holes can form on their
        own, then a world or dimension is nothing. :P
      • Chani
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 13, 2008
          Personally I don't think the universe randomly grows on its own, at least
          not at a very fast rate. While life on the already existing worlds may
          expand and/or change, I don't see the universe expanding without some sort
          of push. Perhaps every thousand years or so a star explodes, forming a new
          world, but the universe as a whole would be too stable for that to happen
          more often than once a millennium or so.

          As for other possibilities for universe growth, I agree with Alex that
          Sovereigns, among other species, may have the ability to make new worlds (or
          drastically change the ones that exist by wiping the slate clean and
          beginning again), I don't know if they really have a reason or drive to do
          so given how many problems plague the world already.