Where do Demons Go When They Die?

  • Justice
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 6, 2007
      This sort of refers back to a previous discussion we had about the nature of death.  This question occurred to me as I was considering the future of certain characters, both good and evil.  (For the sake of this discussion, the term demon will be used to refer to both pure-bloods and half-breeds alike.)  As recent as fifty years prior to the onset of the HALO narrative, it was believed that when demons died their souls rejoined the Demon Essence, though what happened next is anyone’s guess.  (A notable exception to this is the fate of half-breeds due to their dual nature.  While their demon side continues to its final fate—whatever that may really be—their human side was doomed to spend the rest of their existence in Oblivion’s dead regions.)
      With the eradication of the Demon Essence, this possibility is no longer viable—if it was even true to begin with.  So what happens to demons now?  Is there some form of “hell” or place of punishment or darkness awaiting them in the next plane of existence?  Or do they simply cease to be altogether?  Try to weigh in.  I’m extremely curious to hear your ideas.