Re: How are Elementals and Slayers chosen?

  • Amber
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 7, 2007
      If I remember correctly from the original movie or maybe the book
      based off the movie, that when a new Slayer was chosen, it was based
      off who was closest to a big evil. If you recall the movie, Buffy was
      chosen because that master was in LA and she needed to kill the
      master. As for the who, I would say simply the Power that Be or in the
      case of HALO Aura. Aura simply detects the place of most need and puts
      its new champion there.
    • Alex
      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 25, 2007
        I've never seen Buffy, but I have a few ideas that could answer your
        question.

        I'll start with the easiest. Aura is what choses Elementals and Slayers.

        As for how they are chosen, there are several choices. They might just
        be chosen at random, as long as they fulfil certain parameters, like
        being women. Although I'm not sure if that can be a parameter since
        there were two male Slayers... Anyway, another choice is what Amber
        said. Aura might choose whoever is closest to the place where a Champion
        is needed, and make that person a Slayer/Elemental. A third choice is
        that Aura has many parameters that people must meet to become a Slayer
        or Elemental, and only someone who passes all of them will become a
        Slayer/Elemental, and the person's location isn't given any
        consideration unless that's one of the parameters.

        I think that the answer is a combination of choices two and three. The
        people closest to the area where a Champion will be needed are picked,
        and then they are checked for all the proper parameters. The one who
        passes this test become the new Slayer/Elemental.
      • Alex
        Message 3 of 6 , Jan 25, 2007

          I've posted this once before, but Yahoo isn't working, so I'm posting again.

          Anyway, I've never seen Buffy, but I have a few ideas that could answer your question.

[...]

        • Martin MacLoued
          Message 4 of 6 , Jan 26, 2007
            I can see this answer being true, but I also see flaws in it. What
            about when the Champion is needed in LA, then Miami, then Rome? Does
            Aura foot the bill for air travel, put them their magically, or just
            choose a second Champion? I only pose these questions because
            trouble is seldom in one place at any given time.

            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 29, 2007
              The way I see it, if that happened then the already chosen Champion
              would have to go to the place where the trouble is him/herself. Aura
              only chooses Champions when one is missing, and a new one must be
              chosen.