the next great question

  • Justice
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 17, 2005
      What the heck are waffles?!

      Just kidding.  Seriously, though, I thought of a question relevant to the games.

      Where does the human soul go after an individual has been sired?  Does the soul go to that final resting place (heaven/hell) right away?  Or does it go to the ether until the vampire is killed--and then to heaven or hell?
    • Vadala Folic
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 17, 2005
        Well, truthfully again it would depend on a person's background, upbringing, as well as beliefs. To me they meet the eternal resting place after a time of judgement. Which in truth, I cannot say how long that would be.

        ~Danielle~ (Angel/Callisto)

        Justice <jalbright@...> wrote:
        What the heck are waffles?!

        Just kidding.  Seriously, though, I thought of a question relevant to the games.

        Where does the human soul go after an individual has been sired?  Does the soul go to that final resting place (heaven/hell) right away?  Or does it go to the ether until the vampire is killed--and then to heaven or hell?

        The Discussion Board to Kingdom, Revolution, Millennium, Outsider, Ascendants, and Halo

        Love Is Like A Rose....Though It Withers Away Upon The Coming Of Winter....Love Never Dies...For Like The Seed In Spring...It Becomes Again...The Beauty Of A Rose

        http://mail.yahoo.com

      • Justice
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 17, 2005
          No, you misunderstand the focus of the question.  I'm not asking if someone goes to heaven or hell period.  I'm asking if because of the way they died, does their soul go to a "holding place".  And after the vampire the individual has become, then it truly passes on.
          Like, for as long as the vampire lives, the human soul that was is in a kind of prison (the ether).  It's not like a terrible place or anything, but it's not where the person belongs.  It's not the final resting place.  That's what I was getting at.  I was wondering if vamped human souls should be held in the ether or not.  I'm leaning towards it.

          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 17, 2005
            Oh, my appologies. You are very right, I misunderstood. In regards of vamps...well, your guess is as good as mine. Not really sure there...

            ~Danielle~ (Callisto/Angel)

            Justice <jalbright@...> wrote:
[...]

            Do you Yahoo!?
            Make Yahoo! your home page

          • T.M. Francis
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 18, 2005
              That is an interesting question.  Waffles are a delightful breakfa- okay, no.  I'm not sure.  It's not like the soul requires the body to pass over, so perhaps it goes to Heaven or Hell depending, then can be summoned back into the body?  I don't know...  I don't think there's a holding place as such, unless that's what you call Limbo.

              T.

              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 18, 2005
                That makes sense.  I remember in watching Buffy, though, that they kept referring to summoning Angel's soul from the ether.  Which to me doesn't indicate heaven or hell.

                Message 7 of 9 , Mar 18, 2005
                  Mayhaps there is a Purgatory of sorts...?  I don't know if Joss was going by any one specific theology, but the churches in the series looked Catholic.

                  T.

                  Message 8 of 9 , Mar 18, 2005
                    I don't know if you want my two cents worth but here it is anyway,...

                    If you have a heaven/hell already anyways then you should also include purgatory. Purgatory is a holding place for souls when they don't deserve Heaven or Hell. It is a place where the soul (according to Dante) works to get to heaven through trial. Now since you need to die to become a vampire it makes sense for the pre-vampire's soul to be sent to either Hell/Heaven/purgatory depending on the previous actions of the human's life. Which would make it more of a trial to get the soul back for the vampire depending on where the soul went too.
                    (Forever Knight had a different idea but I can't remember it atm. It has been a long time)

                    - Rumavain

                  • Coley