278How do the Prophets manipulate the future?

  • Justice
    Sep 27, 2007
      In case you don't know who the Prophets are, they're a secretive group of individuals who see the future unfold as part of a master plan known as Crimson Path--the ultimate destiny of humanity.  And their sole mission is to make sure Crimson Path comes to pass.
      So how do they do it?  Are they so well connected to society that they just "know the right people?"  Or is it more mystical than that?
      In the book series Dune, there was a concept known as the Kwisatz Haderach--a human who could see the future (among other things) and even control it somehow.  It's been a long time since I read Dune, so I can't quite recall if he exerted this control more through his personality or through his environment.  There is another book series, The Wheel of Time, that has a similar idea--individuals known as ta'veren.  These were people who were able to bend the "Pattern" of time and space around them to their will.  People said things or behaved in certain ways that was clearly influenced by the presence of a ta'veren.
      Call it charisma, call it magick, whatever you will.  We may not be dealing much with the Crimson Path prophecies very much right now, but they are fundamental to the story of HALO as a whole.  So I would love to hear your input on this.

      J.