Bonfire = Free in Berkeley = 5/11

  • Yeashore Community
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 26, 2013
      Dear friends,
      The YeaShOre Community invites you to join us at a FREE Bonfire, with the theme: "Feasting by the Fire".  This begins our 18th year of Bonfires!!

      Please join us on Saturday evening, May 11, 2013, at a NEW location!  From 7:00 p.m. to 'round 11 p.m. (or later...)

      Since we are at a smaller location, we are now REQUIRE a RESERVATION E-letter or phone call.  If you want to join us, you have to let us know and we will then provide you with the location!

      A fun evening around the Bonfire.
      Come for Havdalah, share your voice,
      or just listen,
      as we watch the flames dance!!

      Please bring food and drinks for yourself and some to share.  Bring many friends, stories, songs, and musical instruments.

      The YeaShOre Community will provide chocolate, Kosher marshmallows and crackers for S'mores!!  We will also bring potatoes and onions for roasting in the Bonfire!

      We will have a Jewish Havdalah ritual about an hour after sunset. The ritual lasts a few minutes.  As not all the guests at YeaShOre's bonfires are Jewish, we explain it and invite everyone to join in. (or at least be quiet).

      ==== Yeashore other events! ====

      The Yeashore Community is very proud to participate in The Omer Project.  The information about the ongoing event is below.  We hope you will join us, since We all Count.  The website is: TheOmerProject.org for full details and a schedule. Read the article in the j. weekly: http://www.jweekly.com/article/full/68179/group-gathering-on-s.f.-avenues-to-count-the-omer/

      Yeashore will also co-sponsor the East Bay Tikkun Leyl Shavuot: A Community-Wide Celebration and Night of Study on Tuesday, May 14 to Wednesday, May 15,  6:15pm until dawn.  A unique community-wide celebration and night of Torah study, a spiritual journey bringing together Jews of all perspectives and affiliations. Stay for an hour, or stay until dawn. We will be led in study by teachers from our diverse Jewish community. Come celebrate Shavuot!

      To join the E-list, VOLUNTEER, questions, requests, more info, or comments E-mail to: Yeashore -at- yahoo.com.
      (Replace "-at-" with the "@" sign) . Write soon and often!

      ...Be Seeing You...Maggid Raja, The Baal (Master of the) Bonfire...

    • Yeashore Community
      Message 2 of 2 , May 7, 2013
        Dear friends,
        The YeaShOre Community invites you to join us THIS Saturday, in Berkeley, at a FREE Bonfire, with the theme: "Feasting by the Fire".  This begins our 18th year of Bonfires!!

        Please join us THIS Saturday evening, May 11, 2013, at our NEW Berkeley location!  From 7:00 p.m. to 'round 11 p.m. (or later...)

        Since we are at a smaller Berkeley location, we are now REQUIRE a RESERVATION E-letter or phone call.  If you want to join us, in Berkeley, you have to let us know and we will then provide you with the location!   You MUST RSVP by noon of May 10th!

        If you have RSVPed, you do not need to do so again.

        A fun evening around the Bonfire.
        Come for Havdalah, share your voice,
        or just listen,
        as we watch the flames dance!!

        Please bring food and drinks for yourself and some to share.
        Bring many friends, stories, songs, and musical instruments.

        The YeaShOre Community will provide chocolate, Kosher marshmallows and crackers for S'mores!!  We will also bring potatoes and onions for roasting in the Bonfire!

        We will have a Jewish Havdalah ritual about an hour after sunset. The ritual lasts a few minutes.  As not all the guests at YeaShOre's bonfires are Jewish, we explain it and invite everyone to join in. (or at least be quiet).

        ==== Yeashore other events! ====

        The Yeashore Community will count with The Omer Project on May 13th at 8:30 pm, the 49th day of the Omer, on the beach promenade, across from Beach Chalet, overlooking the ocean!  Yeashore is very proud to participate in The Omer Project.   We hope you will join us, since We all Count.  The website is: TheOmerProject.org for full details and a schedule. Read the article in the j. weekly: http://www.jweekly.com/article/full/68179/group-gathering-on-s.f.-avenues-to-count-the-omer/