Jewish Circle Playback Theatre Present: Improvisation,Music and Stories on June 16th@8pm

  • ofra daniel
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 1, 2012

    Dear Friends,

    Jewish Circle Production is proud to present:

    Same “Am” (people) Different Language

    A playback theatre performance

    Music,Improvisation and Stories

    Saturday, June 16th, 8pm
    Live Oak theatre, Berkeley

    This Playback performance focuses on bringing Israeli and American Jewish audiences together, to share stories about the similarities and differences between them.

     Both audiences will have a window into the way they are experienced by the other and the way differences in style, language and culture affect communication.

    What is Playback theatre?

    Playback theatre is an improvisational theatre based on stories told by members of the audience. Musicians and actors transform stories into theatrical moments using movement, music and improve.

    Schlepping to Berkeley?
    You might consider a night out in beautiful Berkeley.
    Come earlier ,have dinner at the legendary Cheese board Pizza where they play live Jazz and walk to Live Oak Theatre to watch us perform.

    Buy Tickets

    About Jewish Circle Theatre

    Jewish Circle Theatre (JCT) is a Jewish-Israeli theatre company that produces diverse theatre works rooted in Jewish traditions and Israeli culture. Our mission is to build a cultural bridge between Israel and the world, producing and performing theatre based on Jewish heritage and inspired by contemporary Israeli culture.

    What people are saying:

    "Playback Theater was an unexpected and delightful surprise. Group of talented actors so intuitive, so in sync with one another. We laughed, we cried, we released...Catharsis.  What a gift."

    Marla Rosen, Jewish Family and Children's Services of the East Bay,2011

    “It was a pleasure to have Playback theater back to the Museum this spring!  Their performance was engaging and incredibly touching…

    Ilana Vasconcelos. Public Programs Coordinator, The Contemporary Jewish Museum,2010

    "hamon todah for bringing your craft, such a blend of skill, heart, listening, compassion, amplification, and mirroring, an experience I never imagined could be possible. I'm so proud to have had Netivot Shalom's sacred home be touched by the Playback Theater's magic."
    Rabbi Menachem Creditor, Congregation Netivot Shalom

    This show is brought to you by Jewish Circle Theatre

    Co-sponsored by The Bureau of Jewish Education,The World Zionist Organization,The Israeli Consulate and The Israeli House.

    Ofra Daniel
    Artistic Director
    Jewish Circle Productions
    Cell: 408-5102201

  • ofra daniel
    Message 2 of 3 , Jun 6, 2012

[...]

    Come earlier ,have dinner at the legendary Cheese board Pizza where they play live Jazz music and walk to Live Oak Theatre to watch us perform.

[...]

    Co-sponsored by The Bureau of Jewish Education,The World Zionist Organization,The Israel Consulate and The Israeli House.