Passover in the Desert Registration Ends in 2 Weeks!

  • danielatwt
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 1, 2012

      Join Wilderness Torah for an experience of personal and historical liberation at Passover in the Desert from April 11-15, 2012. You'll never see Passover the same way again. There are limited tickets available. Sign up now before registration closes, Monday, March 12th.

      This year our theme is "Embracing Liberation": The Exodus is a story of our past, but perhaps more importantly it is relevant today.   As we learn in Torah, we come close to the One in the desert. During Passover in the Desert, we will explore the things that hold us back from our liberation, and the world that we envision. Join the village and return with a renewed sense of yourself and a deeper connection and compassion for the world we live in.

      At Passover in the Desert you'll enjoy:

      • A campfire jamboree with "Jewgrass" musicians
      • Fun offerings from yoga to basket weaving in our four new communal spaces
      • A hike in nearby "Surprise Canyon," a beautiful desert oasis.
      • A mystical seder to begin our journey from personal to collective liberation.
      • A solo vision-walk on the land to encounter the desert panim l'panim (face to face)
      • Shabbat!
      • Several options for prayer, hiking, learning and simple relaxation.
      • The B'hootz Children's Village for children ages 4-12  where they can experience Passover through exploration in the natural world, craft projects, song, stories, and games. (Co-sponsored by PJ Library and the East Bay Jewish Federation)

      Registration: Registration is filling up.  We are offering tickets at a sliding scale. There are a limited amount of tickets at each price.  Register now to get the price you would like.  Full and partial work exchange is available. Apply for work exchange or Register here.