13927Hanukkah Farm Fest - This Tuesday at Urban Adamah

  • Zachary Friedman
    Dec 2, 2013

      7th Night Open Mic Hanukkah Farm Fest

      Dreidel Spinning, Delicious Food, Community Candle Lighting, Cordial Tasting, Open Mic

      December 3rd, 2013 | 7:00-10:00 pm

      Urban Adamah | 1050 Parker Street, Berkeley

      Come feel the warmth of Hanukkah at Urban Adamah! We’re coming together in the dark of winter to celebrate our light, within and without.

      A lively evening with a little something for everyone… Amazing food from Hugs & Knishes, home-brewed cordials, sufganiyot (jelly doughnuts), a giant chanukiah, all topped off with an Open Mic! All proceeds from this year’s festival will go to support the work of our friends at City Slicker Farms.

      Purchase Tickets

      Co-sponsored by the East Bay Moishe House. Tickets include dinner, drinks and dessert. Advance ticket prices are $10 (regular) or $18 (if you wish to make an additional contribution to City Slicker Farms). Tickets at the door will be $12 or $20.

      City Slicker Farms Needs Our Support

      Based in West Oakland, City Slicker Farms seeks to increase food self-sufficiency in the local community by creating sustainable, high-yield urban farms and backyard gardens. Many of our Urban Adamah fellows intern with their organization.

      On November 8th, City Slicker Farms’ wood shop and storage unit were robbed. Many valuable and essential tools, bicycles and other items were stolen, directly affecting their ability to build gardens for the community.

      The ancient rabbis taught us that during Hanukkah we should place our menorahs near a window to share the light with those outside our homes. In this spirit of generosity and shared resources, Urban Adamah will dedicate all proceeds from the Hanukkah festival to City Slicker Farms so they can continue their important community work.

      There are a couple of ways to share your light and generosity with City Slicker Farms:

      1. Buy a ticket to the Hanukkah party! All of the proceeds from our ticket sales will go to City Slicker Farms. Tickets are $10 or $18, please choose whichever level is right for you.

      2. Make a donation to City Slicker Farms through our  Tool Gift Registry. Please note that the Gift Registry is to raise funds only. The contribution levels are designed to show you the tools that your donation will help them purchase.

      Thank you for your support!

      Love,

      Urban Adamah