Re: [kminternals] Brother system 90

  • Holger Schefczik
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 6, 2005
      Hi Alice,

      it's true, the software is from 1991, built by Noth East Wales Institute Software unit and is called "brother system90 Into-Shape".
      I have bought this SW years ago, but I couldn't work with it, because I have no linkcable between KM und my PC.

      I have tested the sw without connecting my pc to the KM. The sw based on DOS. It works on a normal PC with windows, there in the DOS-Window. The sw has a lot of modules to create pattern, save und print the pattern, transmit the pattern to the KM and so on. More experience I do not have and I hope, I could help.

      Greetings from germany

      Holger
      This is another software system for programming brother knitting
      machines.  They went out of business many years ago (90s).  I was
      tempted to buy one a while back but was told it only worked on DOS
      machines on virutal (??) memory.  Sounds like someone on this list
      is working with it already but I just want to see if anyone else
      knows about it.  Alice

      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 6, 2005
        On Sun, 2005-03-06 at 19:21 +0100, Holger Schefczik wrote:
        > Hi Alice,
        >
        > it's true, the software is from 1991, built by Noth East Wales
        > Institute Software unit and is called "brother system90 Into-Shape".
        > I have bought this SW years ago, but I couldn't work with it, because
        > I have no linkcable between KM und my PC.
        >
        > I have tested the sw without connecting my pc to the KM. The sw based
        > on DOS. It works on a normal PC with windows, there in the DOS-Window.
        > The sw has a lot of modules to create pattern, save und print the
        > pattern, transmit the pattern to the KM and so on. More experience I
        > do not have and I hope, I could help.
        >
        > Greetings from germany
        >
        > Holger

        Do you think there is any possibility of getting in touch with the
        authors?

        -- John.
      • Holger Schefczik
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 6, 2005
          I don't know. After searching in internet for "into-shape, system90, ..." I have nothing found. I thing it might be difficult.

          Holger