Re: [kminternals] Brother system 90

    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 6, 2005
      Haven't heard of it.

      Might be worth looking at to see if you can find the original authors.
      Maybe they still have the source code, and would be willing to share it.

      -- John.

      On Sun, 2005-03-06 at 18:04 +0000, mapmsmith2 wrote:

      > This is another software system for programming brother knitting
      > machines. They went out of business many years ago (90s). I was
      > tempted to buy one a while back but was told it only worked on DOS
      > machines on virutal (??) memory. Sounds like someone on this list
      > is working with it already but I just want to see if anyone else
      > knows about it. Alice
    • Holger Schefczik
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 6, 2005
        Hi Alice,

        it's true, the software is from 1991, built by Noth East Wales Institute Software unit and is called "brother system90 Into-Shape".
        I have bought this SW years ago, but I couldn't work with it, because I have no linkcable between KM und my PC.

        I have tested the sw without connecting my pc to the KM. The sw based on DOS. It works on a normal PC with windows, there in the DOS-Window. The sw has a lot of modules to create pattern, save und print the pattern, transmit the pattern to the KM and so on. More experience I do not have and I hope, I could help.

        Greetings from germany

        Holger

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 6, 2005
          On Sun, 2005-03-06 at 19:21 +0100, Holger Schefczik wrote:
          > Hi Alice,
          >
          > it's true, the software is from 1991, built by Noth East Wales
          > Institute Software unit and is called "brother system90 Into-Shape".
          > I have bought this SW years ago, but I couldn't work with it, because
          > I have no linkcable between KM und my PC.
          >
          > I have tested the sw without connecting my pc to the KM. The sw based
          > on DOS. It works on a normal PC with windows, there in the DOS-Window.
          > The sw has a lot of modules to create pattern, save und print the
          > pattern, transmit the pattern to the KM and so on. More experience I
          > do not have and I hope, I could help.
          >
          > Greetings from germany
          >
          > Holger

          Do you think there is any possibility of getting in touch with the
          authors?

          -- John.
        • Holger Schefczik
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 6, 2005
            I don't know. After searching in internet for "into-shape, system90, ..." I have nothing found. I thing it might be difficult.

            Holger