Brother system 90

  • mapmsmith2
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 6 10:04 AM
      This is another software system for programming brother knitting
      machines. They went out of business many years ago (90s). I was
      tempted to buy one a while back but was told it only worked on DOS
      machines on virutal (??) memory. Sounds like someone on this list
      is working with it already but I just want to see if anyone else
      knows about it. Alice
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 6 10:21 AM
        Haven't heard of it.

        Might be worth looking at to see if you can find the original authors.
        Maybe they still have the source code, and would be willing to share it.

        -- John.

        On Sun, 2005-03-06 at 18:04 +0000, mapmsmith2 wrote:

        > This is another software system for programming brother knitting
        > machines. They went out of business many years ago (90s). I was
        > tempted to buy one a while back but was told it only worked on DOS
        > machines on virutal (??) memory. Sounds like someone on this list
        > is working with it already but I just want to see if anyone else
        > knows about it. Alice
      • Holger Schefczik
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 6 10:21 AM
          Hi Alice,

          it's true, the software is from 1991, built by Noth East Wales Institute Software unit and is called "brother system90 Into-Shape".
          I have bought this SW years ago, but I couldn't work with it, because I have no linkcable between KM und my PC.

          I have tested the sw without connecting my pc to the KM. The sw based on DOS. It works on a normal PC with windows, there in the DOS-Window. The sw has a lot of modules to create pattern, save und print the pattern, transmit the pattern to the KM and so on. More experience I do not have and I hope, I could help.

          Greetings from germany

          Holger

          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 6 10:29 AM
            On Sun, 2005-03-06 at 19:21 +0100, Holger Schefczik wrote:
            > Hi Alice,
            >
            > it's true, the software is from 1991, built by Noth East Wales
            > Institute Software unit and is called "brother system90 Into-Shape".
            > I have bought this SW years ago, but I couldn't work with it, because
            > I have no linkcable between KM und my PC.
            >
            > I have tested the sw without connecting my pc to the KM. The sw based
            > on DOS. It works on a normal PC with windows, there in the DOS-Window.
            > The sw has a lot of modules to create pattern, save und print the
            > pattern, transmit the pattern to the KM and so on. More experience I
            > do not have and I hope, I could help.
            >
            > Greetings from germany
            >
            > Holger

            Do you think there is any possibility of getting in touch with the
            authors?

            -- John.
          • Holger Schefczik
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 6 2:17 PM
              I don't know. After searching in internet for "into-shape, system90, ..." I have nothing found. I thing it might be difficult.

              Holger