knew knitting knerd on the list / pro-fashion 2000 / .pat files

  • cyberschneider
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 2, 2005
      Hi Folks,

      I'm a new kid on the list and I was really excited to learn that
      there are other people around trying to get their knitting machines
      to do what they want .

      ~~~

      Concerning the lost knowledge of the ancient folks, I'd like to know
      if anyone heard about 'pro-fashion 2000' for Atari?
      It is supposed to be a precursor to Designaknit, back from the old
      days when °2000° sounded like science fiction and you would buy your
      Brother Knitking in your nextdoor knittingstore, rather than on
      ebay.

      The only reference I found is a German Designaknit reseller.
      http://cds-designsoftware.de/DesignaKnit_Prospekt/AtariKonvertierungsprogramm/body_atarikonvertierungsprogramm.html

      I'm sure the guys at Designaknit got the proggy, but they most
      probably won't give it away ;) But maybe we could dig up the
      Atari-Hero that wrote the legendary program...

      ~~~

      John asked if anyone was willing to find out about
      the DK .pat file format... I just had a look at a file I found on
      the web with a hex editor and it looks fairly streight forward.
      I will do some more systematic research in that direction on the
      weekend :)
      A plugin for the gimp would be a nice thing to target.
      There is a Photoshop plugin on the Market but I haven't had the
      opportunity to try it...
      Right now I'm planning to synthesize .pat files, and check the
      Results in the Demoversion of DK7. But at some stage I might need to
      systematically convert bitmaps into .pat files
      Is there anyone with a DK license who'd like to help?

      ~~~

      Okay that's it for today...
      I'm looking forward to rock'n'knit with you !

      Cheers,
      Martin
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 3, 2005
        I have an old program called Bitknitter, I think for Amiga and DOS
        machines. I think I only have the Amiga disks, but not sure.

        Some point I'll have to get this Catweasel 4 PCI card set up and try to
        read the Amiga disks. Theoretically, this card should be able to
        read/write TPDD/FB100 diskettes directly using a standard floppy drive.