cable KM to PC?!

  • hollimaus
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 13, 2005
      Hi together,

      I have a question about the cable between the KM an the PC:

      Is it possible to build a cable with a ttl-to-RS232-level-converter
      without an external powersupply?

      The pegel on KM an FB100 is like TTL, the level on RS232 is CMOS. So
      I need a conveter! I have build a converter with a MAX232-Chip and a
      Inverter. This cable needs an external powersupply (+5V) for the
      max232 and Inverter. This is costly and expensive.

      So I am searching for a possibility to build this without external
      powersupply. Has anyone a idea or layout for it?

      Greetings Holger
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 13, 2005
        Take a look at tpdd.txt in the Files section.

        However, I have never built one of these cables, and I've been told that
        the design isn't completely correct.

        But perhaps in the hands of the right engineer it can give some ideas.

        In general the idea is to steal power from the signalling lines.