Re: New file uploaded to kminternals

  • hollimaus
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 9, 2005
      --- In kminternals@yahoogroups.com, "John R. Hogerhuis"
      <jhoger@p...> wrote:
      > On Wed, 2005-02-02 at 08:37 +0000, kminternals@yahoogroups.com
      wrote:

      > > Hello,

      > > a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the kminternals
      > > group.
      > >
      > > File : /Software/SECTOR2.zip
      > > Uploaded by : hollimaus <Holger.Schefczik@t...>
      > > Description : A software to communicate between PC and
      PDD1/PDD2/FB100, based an GW-Basic or BASIC-A

      > > To learn more about file sharing for your group, please visit:
      > >
      > > Regards,
      > >
      > > hollimaus <Holger.Schefczik@t...>
      > >

      > Interesting, thanks for uploading this! This looks like it was
      written
      > by the same author who produced SECTOR.BA for the Tandy 102/TRS-80
      Model
      > 100 laptops.
      >
      > It looks like this app targets the TPDD2, which was the successor
      to the
      > TPDD-1, which is the unit the Brother FB-100 is practically
      identical
      > to. They are both very similar, but the firmware in the TPDD-2 is
      > different than the TPDD-1.
      >
      > Have you been able to try this software yet?
      >
      > You've made me realize I may not have to start from scratch though
      on
      > the software... need to dig through the Model 100 archives. We can
      at
      > least use it for inspiration.
      >

      > Any idea where to find a compatible BASIC to run this?

      In internet I've found this side:

      http://www.geocities.com/KindlyRat/GWBASIC.html

      where you can download a gwbasic-Version, then I hope the program
      must be run. I have modified the SECTOR2.BAS-Software for my
      PowerBasic-Version. It was not easy to do that, but now, sector2.bas
      will work for about 80% with my FB100.

      Greetings Holger