Re: [kminternals] New file uploaded to kminternals

    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 2, 2005
      On Wed, 2005-02-02 at 08:37 +0000, kminternals@yahoogroups.com wrote:

      > Hello,

      > a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the kminternals
      > group.
      >
      > File : /Software/SECTOR2.zip
      > Uploaded by : hollimaus <Holger.Schefczik@...>
      > Description : A software to communicate between PC and PDD1/PDD2/FB100, based an GW-Basic or BASIC-A
      >
      > You can access this file at the URL:

      > Regards,
      >
      > hollimaus <Holger.Schefczik@...>

      Interesting, thanks for uploading this! This looks like it was written
      by the same author who produced SECTOR.BA for the Tandy 102/TRS-80 Model
      100 laptops.

      It looks like this app targets the TPDD2, which was the successor to the
      TPDD-1, which is the unit the Brother FB-100 is practically identical
      to. They are both very similar, but the firmware in the TPDD-2 is
      different than the TPDD-1.

      Have you been able to try this software yet?

      You've made me realize I may not have to start from scratch though on
      the software... need to dig through the Model 100 archives. We can at
      least use it for inspiration.

      Any idea where to find a compatible BASIC to run this?

      -- John.
    • hollimaus
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 9, 2005
        --- In kminternals@yahoogroups.com, "John R. Hogerhuis"
        <jhoger@p...> wrote:
        > On Wed, 2005-02-02 at 08:37 +0000, kminternals@yahoogroups.com
        wrote:

        > > Hello,

        > > a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the kminternals
        > > group.
        > >
        > > File : /Software/SECTOR2.zip
        > > Uploaded by : hollimaus <Holger.Schefczik@t...>
        > > Description : A software to communicate between PC and
        PDD1/PDD2/FB100, based an GW-Basic or BASIC-A

        > > To learn more about file sharing for your group, please visit:
        > >
        > > Regards,
        > >
        > > hollimaus <Holger.Schefczik@t...>
        > >

        > Interesting, thanks for uploading this! This looks like it was
        written
        > by the same author who produced SECTOR.BA for the Tandy 102/TRS-80
        Model
        > 100 laptops.
        >
        > It looks like this app targets the TPDD2, which was the successor
        to the
        > TPDD-1, which is the unit the Brother FB-100 is practically
        identical
        > to. They are both very similar, but the firmware in the TPDD-2 is
        > different than the TPDD-1.
        >
        > Have you been able to try this software yet?
        >
        > You've made me realize I may not have to start from scratch though
        on
        > the software... need to dig through the Model 100 archives. We can
        at
        > least use it for inspiration.
        >

        > Any idea where to find a compatible BASIC to run this?

        In internet I've found this side:

        http://www.geocities.com/KindlyRat/GWBASIC.html

        where you can download a gwbasic-Version, then I hope the program
        must be run. I have modified the SECTOR2.BAS-Software for my
        PowerBasic-Version. It was not easy to do that, but now, sector2.bas
        will work for about 80% with my FB100.

        Greetings Holger