New file uploaded to kminternals

  • kminternals@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 2, 2005
      Hello,

      a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the kminternals
      group.

      File : /Software/SECTOR2.zip
      Uploaded by : hollimaus <Holger.Schefczik@...>
      Description : A software to communicate between PC and PDD1/PDD2/FB100, based an GW-Basic or BASIC-A

      You can access this file at the URL:

      Regards,

      hollimaus <Holger.Schefczik@...>
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 2, 2005
        On Wed, 2005-02-02 at 08:37 +0000, kminternals@yahoogroups.com wrote:

        > Hello,

        > a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the kminternals
        > group.
        >
        > File : /Software/SECTOR2.zip
        > Uploaded by : hollimaus <Holger.Schefczik@...>
        > Description : A software to communicate between PC and PDD1/PDD2/FB100, based an GW-Basic or BASIC-A
        >
        > You can access this file at the URL:

        > Regards,
        >
        > hollimaus <Holger.Schefczik@...>

        Interesting, thanks for uploading this! This looks like it was written
        by the same author who produced SECTOR.BA for the Tandy 102/TRS-80 Model
        100 laptops.

        It looks like this app targets the TPDD2, which was the successor to the
        TPDD-1, which is the unit the Brother FB-100 is practically identical
        to. They are both very similar, but the firmware in the TPDD-2 is
        different than the TPDD-1.

        Have you been able to try this software yet?

        You've made me realize I may not have to start from scratch though on
        the software... need to dig through the Model 100 archives. We can at
        least use it for inspiration.

        Any idea where to find a compatible BASIC to run this?

        -- John.
      • hollimaus
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 9, 2005
          --- In kminternals@yahoogroups.com, "John R. Hogerhuis"
          <jhoger@p...> wrote:
          > On Wed, 2005-02-02 at 08:37 +0000, kminternals@yahoogroups.com
          wrote:

          > > Hello,

          > > a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the kminternals
          > > group.
          > >
          > > File : /Software/SECTOR2.zip
          > > Uploaded by : hollimaus <Holger.Schefczik@t...>
          > > Description : A software to communicate between PC and
          PDD1/PDD2/FB100, based an GW-Basic or BASIC-A

          > > To learn more about file sharing for your group, please visit:
          > >
          > > Regards,
          > >
          > > hollimaus <Holger.Schefczik@t...>
          > >

          > Interesting, thanks for uploading this! This looks like it was
          written
          > by the same author who produced SECTOR.BA for the Tandy 102/TRS-80
          Model
          > 100 laptops.
          >
          > It looks like this app targets the TPDD2, which was the successor
          to the
          > TPDD-1, which is the unit the Brother FB-100 is practically
          identical
          > to. They are both very similar, but the firmware in the TPDD-2 is
          > different than the TPDD-1.
          >
          > Have you been able to try this software yet?
          >
          > You've made me realize I may not have to start from scratch though
          on
          > the software... need to dig through the Model 100 archives. We can
          at
          > least use it for inspiration.
          >

          > Any idea where to find a compatible BASIC to run this?

          In internet I've found this side:

          http://www.geocities.com/KindlyRat/GWBASIC.html

          where you can download a gwbasic-Version, then I hope the program
          must be run. I have modified the SECTOR2.BAS-Software for my
          PowerBasic-Version. It was not easy to do that, but now, sector2.bas
          will work for about 80% with my FB100.

          Greetings Holger