List purpose

  • Devav@aol.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 29, 2005
      HI:
      I thought that you were trying to figure out a DAK type thing.
      DEV

      In a message dated 1/29/2005 6:12:04 AM Pacific Standard Time, kminternals@yahoogroups.com writes:

      The focus here at the moment is to figure out the data format the KH930
      uses to save/load patterns to the disk drive.

      I have a good start on it, and I'm hoping some other engineer types will
      pitch in. I do not know what level you wish to particpate at, but any
      help is appreciated.

      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 29, 2005
        On Sat, 2005-01-29 at 12:48, Devav@... wrote:
        > HI:
        > I thought that you were trying to figure out a DAK type thing.
        > DEV

        Yes, that is part of it too.

        The KH930 saves and loads to DAK the same way it saves and loads to a
        disk drive. Basically, DAK acts as a disk drive emulator in this regard.

        Eventually the information I get will be used to create a DAK style
        program for PalmOS. The PalmOS program will act as a disk drive, but
        also allow you to edit programs.

        It would be great is someone also reverse engineered the DAK pattern
        format. Then we would have cross compatibility between the two programs.

        Anyway, I'm starting with the KH930's pattern format since you have to
        start somewhere. The protocol itself is already defined in the
        documentation I've put up in the files section. The only question
        remaining is the details of the data format itself. I've already figured
        out generally how the pattern & memos are formatted, but there are some
        more details to uncover.

        -- John,