New file uploaded to kminternals

  • kminternals@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Dec 4, 2004
      Hello,

      a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the kminternals
      group.

      File : /Data and Analysis/progress_report.xls
      Uploaded by : jhogerhuis <jhoger@...>
      Description : Progress report - what work is left to do in understanding the Brother 930 pattern format

      You can access this file at the URL:

      Regards,

      jhogerhuis <jhoger@...>
    • kminternals@yahoogroups.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 2, 2005
        Hello,

        a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the kminternals
        group.

        File : /Software/SECTOR2.zip
        Uploaded by : hollimaus <Holger.Schefczik@...>
        Description : A software to communicate between PC and PDD1/PDD2/FB100, based an GW-Basic or BASIC-A

        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 2, 2005
          On Wed, 2005-02-02 at 08:37 +0000, kminternals@yahoogroups.com wrote:

          > Hello,

          > a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the kminternals
          > group.
          >
          > File : /Software/SECTOR2.zip
          > Uploaded by : hollimaus <Holger.Schefczik@...>
          > Description : A software to communicate between PC and PDD1/PDD2/FB100, based an GW-Basic or BASIC-A
          >
          > You can access this file at the URL:

          > Regards,
          >
          > hollimaus <Holger.Schefczik@...>

          Interesting, thanks for uploading this! This looks like it was written
          by the same author who produced SECTOR.BA for the Tandy 102/TRS-80 Model
          100 laptops.

          It looks like this app targets the TPDD2, which was the successor to the
          TPDD-1, which is the unit the Brother FB-100 is practically identical
          to. They are both very similar, but the firmware in the TPDD-2 is
          different than the TPDD-1.

          Have you been able to try this software yet?

          You've made me realize I may not have to start from scratch though on
          the software... need to dig through the Model 100 archives. We can at
          least use it for inspiration.

          Any idea where to find a compatible BASIC to run this?

          -- John.
        • hollimaus
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 9, 2005
            --- In kminternals@yahoogroups.com, "John R. Hogerhuis"
            <jhoger@p...> wrote:
            > On Wed, 2005-02-02 at 08:37 +0000, kminternals@yahoogroups.com
            wrote:

            > > Hello,

            > > a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the kminternals
            > > group.
            > >
            > > File : /Software/SECTOR2.zip
            > > Uploaded by : hollimaus <Holger.Schefczik@t...>
            > > Description : A software to communicate between PC and
            PDD1/PDD2/FB100, based an GW-Basic or BASIC-A

            > > To learn more about file sharing for your group, please visit:
            > >
            > > Regards,
            > >
            > > hollimaus <Holger.Schefczik@t...>
            > >

            > Interesting, thanks for uploading this! This looks like it was
            written
            > by the same author who produced SECTOR.BA for the Tandy 102/TRS-80
            Model
            > 100 laptops.
            >
            > It looks like this app targets the TPDD2, which was the successor
            to the
            > TPDD-1, which is the unit the Brother FB-100 is practically
            identical
            > to. They are both very similar, but the firmware in the TPDD-2 is
            > different than the TPDD-1.
            >
            > Have you been able to try this software yet?
            >
            > You've made me realize I may not have to start from scratch though
            on
            > the software... need to dig through the Model 100 archives. We can
            at
            > least use it for inspiration.
            >

            > Any idea where to find a compatible BASIC to run this?

            In internet I've found this side:

            http://www.geocities.com/KindlyRat/GWBASIC.html

            where you can download a gwbasic-Version, then I hope the program
            must be run. I have modified the SECTOR2.BAS-Software for my
            PowerBasic-Version. It was not easy to do that, but now, sector2.bas
            will work for about 80% with my FB100.

            Greetings Holger