Free and non-free pattern file folders created

  • jhogerhuis
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 1, 2004
      A little off-topic, but I have created Free and Non-Free pattern
      file folders in the Files section. Please feel free to upload any
      pattern files you wish to share freely with other knitters.

      Free patterns are those which are either in the public domain, or
      under copyright but with an explicit license to
      redistribute/modify/use commercially. For such a work, you may wish
      to consider releasing under the following license:

      You can customize a license at creativecommons.org By releasing
      under a clear understandable Creative Commons license, you make
      explicit the terms under which you are sharing your work.

      The Non-Free pattern folder can be used for patterns which are
      distributed under a restrictive license, such as no-redistribution
      allowed, non-commercial only, or no derivative works allowed, etc.

      I hope we can build up the "Free" section with a collection of
      patterns anyone can use as-is or modify for any use. But both Free
      and Non-Free patterns are welcomed.

      Non-Free doesn't mean infringing on someone's copyright, by the way.
      It just means there are significant restrictions on use or
      redistribution.