Re: [kminternals] For what it's worth...

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 1, 2004
      On Wed, 2004-12-01 at 08:35, Sue wrote:
      > There are several cables available for DAK, and they are all machine
      > dependent. For example, the Brother 930 and 940 machines are
      > virtually indistinguishable and have interchangeable parts, but you
      > cannot use a 940 cable to download to a 930 (I tried).

      Does a Brother FDD with included cable work with a 940? Supposing it
      does, then the pinout must be the same. So if the pinout is the same,
      and DAK cables differ between them, the only other difference between
      the two must be either voltage levels and/or some kind of electronics
      required in the cable. Possibly, it could have something to do with flow
      control if the 940 doesn't generate the same flow control signals or
      doesn't do it right.

      > The 940 machine (which is what you're targeting) is grouped by model
      > number with the 950i, the CK35's, and the KH900's. I would assume
      > data transmission is a shared resource among them. Now for the what
      > it's worth department.
      >
      > I'm an ex-CK 35 owner (brother's industrial machine) and have the
      > circuitry configurations, PC board assembly diagrams, and encoder
      > pinouts. (I did all my own repairs, but never got down to the
      > firmware involved). If you feel it could be of any use t all, I'll
      > scan what I have and post to the groups pictures.

      Please do!

      Thanks Sue,