Re: KH910 Electronics Faulty

  • Ruth
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 11, 2013
      Ilia,

      Just wanted to say a thank you for this post - it has saved me hours of worry and searching... I have two rescued KH910's and the first went into use last night and promptly blew the capacitor after knitting thirty rows. Because of your posting I have been able to effect a repair almost immediately.... thank you!

      Ruth
    • ILIA KADASHEVICH
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 11, 2013
        Hi Ruth!
        i'm happy to hear that the post hepled you :))) nice knitting! Best wishes, Ilja

        Gesendet: Montag, 11. März 2013 um 08:44 Uhr
        Von: Ruth <ruthellenraymer@...>
        An: kminternals@yahoogroups.com
        Betreff: [kminternals] Re: KH910 Electronics Faulty

        Ilia,

        Just wanted to say a thank you for this post - it has saved me hours of worry and searching... I have two rescued KH910's and the first went into use last night and promptly blew the capacitor after knitting thirty rows. Because of your posting I have been able to effect a repair almost immediately.... thank you!

        Ruth

        <*> Your email settings:
        Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
        (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
        kminternals-digest@yahoogroups.com
        kminternals-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

        http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • rosy.goat
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 11, 2013
          I was told that by a knitting shop owner of over 30 years, that the 910 was really flaky when it first came out. The first generation boards were known to malfunction, quite often. And since there was no way to tell (or at least easily) which board a 910 has in it, he quit reselling them. This is just a fyi, as at this point, I'm not ready to delve into my electronic machine and open it up.

          rosy