Re: [kminternals] Brother Super Cartridge

  • rita27612
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 5, 2013
      I just checked the dknits website. I see a cable listed :

      IK cable only (See Note:) KH900, KH965, KH970, KH270, CK35 74.00 49.95
      Note: The IK extension consists of a sensor cable + a magnet to mount on carriage (a.k.a. knitlink arm)

      * the 74.00 was apparently the original price and the 49.95 the current one.
      BUT this cable does not transmit pattern signals from the computer. It is used as an addition to the original cartridge for interactive knitting with DAK.

      I note that although Mike has listed Cartridge at $319.95, when I click for further info, it goes to a page describing Brother Super Cartridge for $329.95. And when I click for further info on Cartridge plus K-cable it also goes to the Brother Super Cartridge.

      Apparently the Brother Super Cartridge has replaced the failing original cartridge and the original cartridge plus cable.

      **************************************
      The only other item under $100 on the cables page is the Pattern Explorer software for $39.95 and this is not a cable.

      **************************************

      Sorting my way through these many cables is confusing, but I believe I have it straight. I have used the brother cables frequently and successfully for 965i, 970, 930 and the SR cable 2 (not successfully so I gave up), the Passap cable for interactive knitting, and a couple of cables by Jos Timmerman (BL7 USB and Silverknit with USB cable).

      ***********************************

      Reid, if you come to the Triangle Machine Knitters meeting on Saturday the 19th, I will be happy to speak with you in person and possibly show you some of the cables and how they work. I do not have the cartridge,though, but I do have DAK and lots of cables.

      Sincerely,
      Rita in Raleigh, NC
    • rita27612
      Message 2 of 10 , Jan 5, 2013
        Hi Ilia,
        I liked the link you provided for cables. I do not know if they ship to the USA, but the prices I saw seem comparable to those from dknits.

        I liked the cards for embroidery machines too.

        By the way, dknits (distinctive knits)is in Indiana in the USA.

        Yes, it is hard to write in a language not your basic one. I am impressed with the communication skills of those of you from non-English speaking countries. That is a skill beyond me. I can sort of eavesdrop (overhear conversations) in Spanish, but as I told a table-mate on a ship, all I could understand when he was talking to his wife in German was that they were talking about the potatoes. (That was the only word I recognized and that was only because we had potatoes on our plates <G>)

        Rita in Raleigh, NC, USA