Re: [kminternals] KH-930 and KH-940

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 29, 2004
      On Mon, 2004-11-29 at 16:29, mikezcnc wrote:

      > If I conseder that I can have a program with cable for $500 and the
      > optionbeing to spend a similar amount for FB100 and PPD then it makes
      > no sense going back in time to 1988 or earlier.

      Well, what if your knitting machine is nowhere near your desktop and you
      don't have a laptop to run DAK on?

      Then the FDD and/or PPD become more useful since they are more easily
      shuttled between the KM and the PC.

      That's why I think a Palm program replacement for FDD and/or PPD would
      be ideal. Easily shuttled between the desktop and KM. And for simple
      designs, one could imagine just sketching out changes to the pattern
      right on the Palm display.

      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 29, 2004
        John, no doubt it would be a great addition, specially that from what
        I hear, many people don't get to the hobby because of the size of
        room one needs. Computer, monitor, printer- it takes up lots of
        space. Laptop will also take up space and sometimes they are tricky
        in CNC because many of them have 3.3V ports.

        PDA would be agreat space saver. Do you know how tricky it is to
        enter data via PPD? Mike

        --- In kminternals@yahoogroups.com, "John R. Hogerhuis" <jhoger@p...>

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 29, 2004
          On Mon, 2004-11-29 at 17:03, mikezcnc wrote:

          > PDA would be agreat space saver. Do you know how tricky it is to
          > enter data via PPD? Mike

          It's not difficult. You just have to use the keypad. But certainly
          easier than using the main km control panel (which I've also done).