KH-930 and KH-940

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 29, 2004
      Here is an answer I got from Arlene to my question if DAK can control
      a KH-940 and to what extent:

      "You can use the DesignaKnit program with ALL machines, it is easy to
      use the program with the electronics machines, to download and
      upload via the PPD port on the machine. The 930 and 940 (in my
      opinion) are the easiest ones to use with DAK.
      Take care
      Arlene Baart

      Arlene's Fashion Knits
      www.coastnet.com/~afknits/

      I went to her website and noticed that it is a very clear
      website...well, the german website was also awsome
      http://cds-designsoftware.de/stricken.html

      I also got an answer from a US dealer:

      "You will need cable 1 which is $80 for the 940 and DesingaKnit $499
      for the professional version. $395 for the standard version.
      DesignaKnit downloads to all electronic knitting machines.
      Thank You

      Irene Sumler

      Knitcraft Inc.

      500 N Dodgion

      Independence MO 64050

      816-461-1248 Hand Yarn Orders and Tech. Support

      816-461-4912 Warehouse

      www.knitcraft.com www.designaknit.com

      www.silverreed.com www.fittinglysew.com

      If I conseder that I can have a program with cable for $500 and the
      optionbeing to spend a similar amount for FB100 and PPD then it makes
      no sense going back in time to 1988 or earlier.

      Mike
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 29, 2004
        On Mon, 2004-11-29 at 16:29, mikezcnc wrote:

        > If I conseder that I can have a program with cable for $500 and the
        > optionbeing to spend a similar amount for FB100 and PPD then it makes
        > no sense going back in time to 1988 or earlier.

        Well, what if your knitting machine is nowhere near your desktop and you
        don't have a laptop to run DAK on?

        Then the FDD and/or PPD become more useful since they are more easily
        shuttled between the KM and the PC.

        That's why I think a Palm program replacement for FDD and/or PPD would
        be ideal. Easily shuttled between the desktop and KM. And for simple
        designs, one could imagine just sketching out changes to the pattern
        right on the Palm display.

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 29, 2004
          John, no doubt it would be a great addition, specially that from what
          I hear, many people don't get to the hobby because of the size of
          room one needs. Computer, monitor, printer- it takes up lots of
          space. Laptop will also take up space and sometimes they are tricky
          in CNC because many of them have 3.3V ports.

          PDA would be agreat space saver. Do you know how tricky it is to
          enter data via PPD? Mike

          --- In kminternals@yahoogroups.com, "John R. Hogerhuis" <jhoger@p...>

          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 29, 2004
            On Mon, 2004-11-29 at 17:03, mikezcnc wrote:

            > PDA would be agreat space saver. Do you know how tricky it is to
            > enter data via PPD? Mike

            It's not difficult. You just have to use the keypad. But certainly
            easier than using the main km control panel (which I've also done).