New file uploaded to kminternals

  • kminternals@yahoogroups.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 24, 2004
      Hello,

      a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the kminternals
      group.

      File : /m100disksm.pdf
      Uploaded by : jhogerhuis <jhoger@...>
      Description : pdd protocol

      You can access this file at the URL:

      Regards,

      jhogerhuis <jhoger@...>
    • kminternals@yahoogroups.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 29, 2004
        Hello,

        a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the kminternals
        group.

        File : /tpdd.txt
        Uploaded by : jhogerhuis <jhoger@...>
        Description : A description of a design for serial port to fdd cable - not tested by me

        Message 3 of 6 , Dec 4, 2004
          Hello,

          a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the kminternals
          group.

          File : /Data and Analysis/progress_report.xls
          Uploaded by : jhogerhuis <jhoger@...>
          Description : Progress report - what work is left to do in understanding the Brother 930 pattern format

          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 2, 2005
            Hello,

            a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the kminternals
            group.

            File : /Software/SECTOR2.zip
            Uploaded by : hollimaus <Holger.Schefczik@...>
            Description : A software to communicate between PC and PDD1/PDD2/FB100, based an GW-Basic or BASIC-A

            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 2, 2005
              On Wed, 2005-02-02 at 08:37 +0000, kminternals@yahoogroups.com wrote:

              > Hello,

              > a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the kminternals
              > group.
              >
              > File : /Software/SECTOR2.zip
              > Uploaded by : hollimaus <Holger.Schefczik@...>
              > Description : A software to communicate between PC and PDD1/PDD2/FB100, based an GW-Basic or BASIC-A
              >
              > You can access this file at the URL:

              > Regards,
              >
              > hollimaus <Holger.Schefczik@...>

              Interesting, thanks for uploading this! This looks like it was written
              by the same author who produced SECTOR.BA for the Tandy 102/TRS-80 Model
              100 laptops.

              It looks like this app targets the TPDD2, which was the successor to the
              TPDD-1, which is the unit the Brother FB-100 is practically identical
              to. They are both very similar, but the firmware in the TPDD-2 is
              different than the TPDD-1.

              Have you been able to try this software yet?

              You've made me realize I may not have to start from scratch though on
              the software... need to dig through the Model 100 archives. We can at
              least use it for inspiration.

              Any idea where to find a compatible BASIC to run this?

              -- John.
            • hollimaus
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 9, 2005
                --- In kminternals@yahoogroups.com, "John R. Hogerhuis"
                <jhoger@p...> wrote:
                > On Wed, 2005-02-02 at 08:37 +0000, kminternals@yahoogroups.com
                wrote:

                > > Hello,

                > > a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the kminternals
                > > group.
                > >
                > > File : /Software/SECTOR2.zip
                > > Uploaded by : hollimaus <Holger.Schefczik@t...>
                > > Description : A software to communicate between PC and
                PDD1/PDD2/FB100, based an GW-Basic or BASIC-A

                > > To learn more about file sharing for your group, please visit:
                > >
                > > Regards,
                > >
                > > hollimaus <Holger.Schefczik@t...>
                > >

                > Interesting, thanks for uploading this! This looks like it was
                written
                > by the same author who produced SECTOR.BA for the Tandy 102/TRS-80
                Model
                > 100 laptops.
                >
                > It looks like this app targets the TPDD2, which was the successor
                to the
                > TPDD-1, which is the unit the Brother FB-100 is practically
                identical
                > to. They are both very similar, but the firmware in the TPDD-2 is
                > different than the TPDD-1.
                >
                > Have you been able to try this software yet?
                >
                > You've made me realize I may not have to start from scratch though
                on
                > the software... need to dig through the Model 100 archives. We can
                at
                > least use it for inspiration.
                >

                > Any idea where to find a compatible BASIC to run this?

                In internet I've found this side:

                http://www.geocities.com/KindlyRat/GWBASIC.html

                where you can download a gwbasic-Version, then I hope the program
                must be run. I have modified the SECTOR2.BAS-Software for my
                PowerBasic-Version. It was not easy to do that, but now, sector2.bas
                will work for about 80% with my FB100.

                Greetings Holger